Diesel has arrived! :]

krystalturner2222

Dec 27, 2011
Midland Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Diesel just got here yesterday! an i promised everyone that i would post pics of him! :)
So happy to have him! BUT he has been having really bad diharea :"( an i dont know why
i think its his dog food.. we bought him royal kanine, if anyone knows what i can do to stop this
please let me know! thanks so much!

pup nap.jpgdiesel4.jpgdiesel 7.jpgpup.jpg

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He's a cutie for sure! I know lots of things can cause diarrhea...is he going to the vet soon so they can check a fecal sample? (just to rule out parasites). Food changes can do that too though on those sensitive bully tummies. I have heard of giving pumpkin for diarrhea or constipation but maybe someone with more experience in that department can chime in.

Congratulations on the cute pup!

OP
krystalturner2222

krystalturner2222

Dec 27, 2011
Midland Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Why thank you! :) and yea i think that may be it. but the breeder told me that it could be because he isnt use to it here.. but idk
and me and my fiance are taking him to the vet in an hour so hopefully they can give him some medicine to stop it :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He is adorable. I'm sure his system is very very stressed. Did you change food from what breeder had him on? You always need to do a very..very slow switch! And royal Canine is not a recommended food for bulldogs. I'm thinking he is on a puppy food? You can give him a tsp full of pumpkin..not the pie filling..but whole canned pumpkin. You need to settle him down..his whole system. I think I'd go to a bland diet for a few days, then slowly..very slowly introduce his new food. Good chance to get a better food than Royal Canine.
Check out our food ratings page for the best foods.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]...might have some more ideas

Last edited:

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
He sure is a handsome pup.They sure are cute when they are little. If the runs don't stop try pumpkin, get the canned stuff but be sure its not SPICED. Royal canin is ok but he may need a smaller size kibble .Just stay away from the wheat and corn based foods

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a cutie for sure. What food did the breeder have him on? If you changed his food that's probable the reason for the diarrhea. Plus Royal Canin is not that good of a food. I would transition him slowly to FROMM puppy, unless the breeder had him on a good food.

OP
krystalturner2222

krystalturner2222

Dec 27, 2011
Midland Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Im not sure what the breeder was feeding him he didnt say :( an iv got the english bulldog puppy brand of royal kaynine.. but i guess its not good after all
from what you all are saying :/ does anyone know the best english bulldog buppy food for him? that wont make him have diarrhea ?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He would have diaherria on ANY food that was a change for him. Breeder should've told you what he was on. But this is a good chance to start him right. Royal Canine isn't good. Not your fault, it's just a learning curve! If you can get him Fromm Puppy. If you can't I think Avoderm has a good Puppy Food. But his little system is just churning right now. Get the pumpkin, have him tested for parasites and start him on a quality food. He will be fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3945]krystalturner2222[/MENTION] I can't believe the breeder didn't tell you what food he was on so you could continue with that and slowly transition him to a new food, we always do. FROMM puppy is a very good choice.

Plus it's good to have an other Texan here, we live just west of Houston.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
So so cute, love the markings.... Grats.

Ditto on the previous food advice... Bullies can be so sensitive to certain foods, and sudden switching of brands.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He is adorable, I can't wait for you to share more photos. Thanks for getting these posted, you baby is wonderful!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
He is sooo cute, for sure!! I think everyone here already rec what I would have. Maybe a bland diet wouldn't be bad for a day or two, but I'm not an expert on puppy diarrhea. For older dogs its ground beef and rice to settle the stomach. Good luck!

mickeedz

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
I also have a puppy who is now 3 months old. When we first got him we transitioned him from the food the breeder was giving him to Blue Buffalo - Lamb and Oatmeal. He got diarrhea anyway, even though we did a week long transition. Doc said it was combination of the food and new environment. What helped him pretty quickly is mixing in chicken and rice. We fed him mostly plain white rice with a little kibble and a little chicken. He didn't like the rice and kibble itself, so we added the chicken. The rice is what is most important to firm up his stool. After a week of diarrhea, he is now just fine on Blue Buffalo mixed with a little chicken and cottage cheese (which he loves)!! Hope it helps :)

Diesel is very cute!! BTW, I also have a toy yorkie named Diesel!!

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Super cute! Mine is 3.5 months and I transitioned him from Iams or something (w/e the breeder had him on) to Fromm large puppy in 2 days (I didn't want to buy Iams) and he did just fine. Him actually going poo outside is my problem. Hope he tummy feels better soon. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.