Shedding!!!!

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hi! My all white six month old bullie sheds SO much! Is there anything at all that can be done to reduce shedding? It's especially bad when i play with him and pet him..white hair everywhere! HELP!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I would just give him a good brushing with one of those coat rakes outside. That should loosen up a good amount of the hair. And unfortuantly for the rest of it...well a sticky roller and a vacumn will be your best friends. :)

I've seen those "anti-shedding" pills but I have a feeling those don't work and probably aren't great for the dog either. Maybe somebody who has used them could chime in. Good luck with it!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba sheds like crazy when I don't have him on fish oil (switched to Grizzly Salmon oil recently). It helps sooo much! Cuts the shedding down 85% with him. I put it on am and pm..about 1 tsp each feeding. try it if you haven't already. The furminator brush works well too..although expensive

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] Can you use the capsules like you would find in a health food store? I never knew that fish oil would help shedding...you learn something new everyday! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as many have said.... it will not eliminate it, but will lessen --- fish oil

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Grizzly Salmon Oil is great for shedding among other benefits! Good diet and brushing are good to against it too. But EB do shed a lot!!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bubba sheds like crazy when I don't have him on fish oil (switched to Grizzly Salmon oil recently). It helps sooo much! Cuts the shedding down 85% with him. I put it on am and pm..about 1 tsp each feeding. try it if you haven't already. The furminator brush works well too..although expensive

I got a furminator back when they first came out. It works great on dogs where there's not a whole lotta bumps and wrinkles (Bo) but it's like going 4-wheeling over Bea with all her chubby rolls and extra flesh.

It's important to read the directions on those and use them as directed too.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My 6 month girl is shedding like crazy also...I use the furminator, it works great but a day or so later it's back to white hair every where. I will try the salmon oil to see if that works.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I found a generic furminator at TJMaxx for $4. Works like a charm. I agree that it is a bit like 4-wheeling, lol. I have to smooth out Penny's wrinkles the best I can to try to use it. I finally got her to let me use it on her this week in the bathtub after I bathed her. I definitely notice a difference.

Static Guard spray (can find in with laundry stuff) works well for helping loosen from couches/carpet to vacuum up hair.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
At the moment my 3 are not shedding as much because of the freezing cold weather we're having right now. In Summer it's much worse. However, giving them the Grizzly Salmon Oil does cut back on the shedding a lot!! As well as all the other health benefits for their joints and immune system !! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online