Bratty puppy!

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
It's been a little over a week since we got Elli and she's been great... Only with the normal training accident and crying during crate training. Today however she is being such a brat! She usually takes a 2-3 hour nap with play time in between but she hasn't sat still since 5 AM... And now is getting fussy about everything. She's growling and cueing at the blanket cause it won't move... The couch for god know what reason. Is this normal?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Lilly barks at her deer antler for awhile and then it's like she remembers 'oh yea, this is an inanimate object, it's not going to jump up and play with me' I just chalk it up to being quirky.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd say it is definitely normal!! Welcome to the world of Bulldog puppies!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3960]Autzz[/MENTION]... when she gets that way, place her in the crate for a nap. Just like a toddler they need to be told, sometimes, when it is nap time.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly barked and bounced so ferociously at her antler last night she fell off the couch. The worst is her shaddow... it has no right following her that way!

When she gets all wound up like that we've noticed 1) she needs to :poo: or 2) she is about 15 seconds away from falling asleep.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to the world of Bully OCD!!! barking at the couch for no reason. Vegas lived in the house for 2 years and one day noticed the ceiling fan and barked for an hour looking up. Very normal behavior for a bully!!

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I did finally get her to sleep. I think it's because my boyfriend was trying to put her down and she looks at him as the playful one... I told him he needs to change that if you want any authority but she was okay with me when I got home :) we fell asleep together... Like usual.

Shes also famous for running at full speed into our legs and walls and everything... But it doesn't seem to phase her. Crazy puppy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did finally get her to sleep. I think it's because my boyfriend was trying to put her down and she looks at him as the playful one... I told him he needs to change that if you want any authority but she was okay with me when I got home :) we fell asleep together... Like usual.

Shes also famous for running at full speed into our legs and walls and everything... But it doesn't seem to phase her. Crazy puppy!

It will only phase what she hits... be prepared for LOTS of bruises on your shin

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Molly barked and bounced so ferociously at her antler last night she fell off the couch. The worst is her shaddow... it has no right following her that way!

When she gets all wound up like that we've noticed 1) she needs to :poo: or 2) she is about 15 seconds away from falling asleep.

hahahahaha So true!!!

mickeedz

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
Very true what everyone is saying about her either needing a "time out" or being overly tired. That happens to Jax all the time and we learned this on this website!! Thanks everyone! We have been putting him in "jail" when he becomes bratty and is persistently nipping and biting. He will either fall asleep right away or he will take out all his frustrations, extra energy, etc., in his gated area and then is calm and ready to come out again. I guess this is the world of the bully :)

mickeedz

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
kazzy220 - the picture you have of your bully looks like my Jax!! Is he pretty much all white except for "freckles" on his ears? Too cute!! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online