What did i get myself into

buddysdad

Apr 7, 2011
Ok so a good friend of called me last week and told me that she was given an female EB. After a couple of days she found that she couldnt keep her at her house. So she had asked if i could take her, Being that i have an 1 year old who is not fixed, my first question was is she spayed? I was told she took her to the vet and was told she was. So i agreed.

So i go pick up the dog and she is beautiful. I dont have any paperwork on her but she seems to be about a year old. At home she was a bit aggressive with my EB buddy, But quickly calmed down and they stated playing together..

Buddy is just all about it now and has set his mind on getting on that.:chapped:.. I decide to check the female to see if i can see any scars or something that would support that she has been fixed and i cant see anything. So im starting to think my friend lied. :eek:. what can i do to get this little perv off of her????

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Take her to the vet!!!!!! Please dont take any chances!! Besides, it is a good idea to have her check for any other problems.

OP
B

buddysdad

Apr 7, 2011
yeah i set up an appt to take her in to get a full check up ..

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I would also suggest a vet trip. There should definitely be a scar. Keep them separated until you can take her in since there is NO way to keep him off of her. My unneutered male rescue was constantly humping my female when we brought him home about a month ago but luckily our female is spayed so we didn't have to worry about puppies. It has completely stopped but took awhile to break the habit and you definitely can't risk it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
as someone that has an unfixed female in the home with 2 fixed males i can tell you there is no way to watch them 24/7 and keep him off of her. i would def get her checked to see if she has had the surgery and if not someone in that house has to get fixed. omg im so sorry this happened. but kudos on your new bully

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
FYI, my male & female are both fixed but there is still humping in both directions to try and establish dominance. They've been together going on two years & they're still not agreed on who's the alpha.

Hope for your sake that's what it is.

Pris

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... let us know how the check up turns out. It could also just be your boy trying to let her know he is alpha.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hoping she is fixed. But for now it's best to keep them separated like everyone mentioned.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome to EBN....and uhhh....well....:hmm:

52c3f354.jpg

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I agree to definately keep them apart till you know for sure. If she is and they are still humping just keep correcting him till he gets the point! Hopefully he will, it just takes time. Hopefully she will put him in his place and he will stop. I just keep females for that reason because sometimes they never stop and even if she can't get pregnant once spayed sometimes they just keep on doing it. I know because mine wouldn't...:begging: Good luck
Roanne

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I agree to definately keep them apart till you know for sure. If she is and they are still humping just keep correcting him till he gets the point! Hopefully he will, it just takes time. Maybe she will put him in his place and he will stop. I just keep females for that reason because sometimes they never stop and even if she can't get pregnant once spayed sometimes they just keep on doing it. I know because mine wouldn't...:begging: Good luck
Roanne

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I agree....I'd keep correcting the humping behavior while you're supervising play (I have it here too - Bo doesn't want to mate, he just wants to get Bea's goat and that will do it). And then keep them separated to prevent a pregnancy. Your friend is a jerk for putting you in this position but you are an awesome guy for taking on this little female who clearly needs a good home!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm with everyone else--it sounds like a vet trip is in order. You just really want to make sure she's spayed...that's not something you can take a guess on. It would sure stink and be really low if your friend lied to you. I really hope she didn't! You should definitely be able to see a scar. I can see Delilah's scar..and my female cat's scar as well.

Also, all of my pets are fixed..but occasionally they will try to hump each other. My fixed male Pomeranian likes to try and hump ANY new dog he meets. My female spayed bulldog humps the male Pomeranian. LOL.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.