Dog food

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Has anyone tried this dog food? After much research this one seem like one of the better ones. It is sold all over but I can get it at Country Max resonable. $38.99 for 28lbs. The ingredients are much the same as Inova, blue buffalo and some other highly rated ones. Here is the link.http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/earthborn-holistic-primitive-natural/ I would love some opinions as you all know how precious our babies are!
Roanne

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i really think alot of this food but my only problem with this particular one is the protein. sometimes bullies dont do well with so much protein. the other grain free formulas are a bit lower and maybe would be better suited for a bully. but if you have an active bully then i see no reason not to try it. also i have not personally used this food which is hard to believe as i have fed sarah many foods. good luck and let us know how it goes.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=460]roanne9145[/MENTION] - I've never tried it either - but I get all my nutrition info from [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] so I don't have to do any thinking for myself. ha ha ha It's much easier that way! (Plus, she knows what she's talking about)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I like this food alot too. But Im with cowsmom, the protein may be a little high unless you have a very active bully...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
42% protein. Wilson's quite active and he's on 26% protein. Jack my non bully is a working dog breed and we did have to increase his protein, but only to 34%. I'm no expert by no means but 42% for the average bully, even non bully, is too high. That's my opinion though. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
42% protein. I'm no expert by no means but 42% for the average bully, even non bully, is too high. That's my opinion though. :)
actually its 38% protein but whos looking it up :whistle::peace:

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i know about this as ive read about the protein and such cant be to high for animals but its just my personal opinion and experience with bullies and bostons that if i go to high with the protein they dont do as well. its also just my opinion that a sedentary dog does not need that much protein to maintain its daily life. just enough for muscles and things to function. now my cats gets a very high protein food like 45% and they do wonderful on it. and i do believe that dogs can do wonderful on it to just dont know about lazy bullies lol. thanks for posting that article its very interesting.

OP
roanne9145

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
The one I just started my bullies and mastiffs on Earthborn Costal Catch is 32% which is not that high and similar to natural balance potato and fish. Hey I'll give it a try and see how they do. Thanks for all the opinions!
Roanne

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
awsome let us know how it goes. i may at some point try my gang on their food well the grain free ones when they get tired of what there eating now. id be interested in how it turns out. :D oh and welcome to the forum if i havent said it already:welcome:

OP
roanne9145

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank You! Seems like a wonderful group of bully owners and would like to get to know you all.

Roanne

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online