What do you put in your bully's kong?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I got one for Penny to keep her busy while I work out. I put a little peanut butter in it, but what else is a good filler?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Cream Cheese (lite)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have one of those odd shaped ones that is supposed to hold a dry biscuit or a piece of food....Tank never really took to it though so it just holds dust now :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use peanut butter, but I like the cream cheese idea [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], never thought of that. Although the vet wants him on a dairy free diet, I don't think the amount I would use would bother him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use peanut butter, but I like the cream cheese idea @2BullyMama , never thought of that. Although the vet wants him on a dairy free diet, I don't think the amount I would use would bother him.

Freeze them (PB or Cream Cheese)... it last a little longer

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I also put PB in it. I freeze it during the summer months. Cream Cheese is a good idea!! i have seen fillers at Petco but never tried them.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Freeze them (PB or Cream Cheese)... it last a little longer

Sometimes I freeze a little of Lucy's wet food in them too.

I peel and chop up apples, then cram as many chunks as possible into Rook's kong. He LOVES it!

I love these ideas! I've only used peanut butter. I did try that "cheese in a can" stuff (people food kind) and what a MESS. Not a great choice. They both looked like they had smeared orange lipstick all over their paws and faces. Chucked it.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I have tried the stuff in the can made by kong but Chelsea never much cared for it. We use pb and freeze it. I also take all her old marrow bones and fill them with pb and freeze it (so I have a few in the freezer). Will have to try the cream cheese idea... is there any kind that is better? I forgot who told me but they suggested yogurt... haven't tried it though.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I place one of those small rat traps.
The real tiny ones ...so they really dont hurt Jack much...
Its funny to watch him stick his tongue in there and hear it snap on him... :ROFL:
I'll video it one day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.