Puppy Poo Patterns?

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
So opie is doing great with crate training, he has not soiled his bed in 4 days and only maybe once a day does he pee in the house when we are playing cause he pees every 15 minutes when he gets excited. Now, I thought he was pooing at regular intervals, immediately after all meals, once in the afternoon and right before bed. Well this morning he pooed 5 times (all solid ones, no diarrhea) before I left for work! Twice immediately upon waking up (this was the first time he has pooed right after waking up), twice right after breakfast and then about an hour later. Will there eventually be a pattern? Or should I just be happy that he is able to hold it and go outside and who cares if there is a pattern! :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Eventually there will be a pattern...but Jake is just a year old and some days he is a :poo: machine..5 ormore times..others his normal 3! Glad Opie is doing so well! :up:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
It took Molly a few weeks to get a routine down and for the most part she's 'regular'... but every once and a while she'll get super mouthy/bitey/wiggly/grunty/hyper and we know something is working its way out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes eventually they will get a pattern but it does change some times, just be happy he is going outside, sounds like he is doing great on his training.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
My Schultz had no pattern when he was a puppy....but never had a #2 accident in the house. Now I joke his nickname is 2 poops, since that is the minimum for each and every walk! Lots of pooch pick ups being used.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep. pattern at some point and you you know it. Banks has always been a 1 and done girl so, when she goes more than once a day -- I know something is going on. Nitschke - went 3/4 times a day always small -- he liked to spread it out.. no need to drop it all at once

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.