Malaket wipes

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@Telly03 FYI after some research I figured out how to make my own douxo pads. Use gauze 4x4s or cotton balls what ever your preference. Go to cvs or walgreens and buy hibicleans. I buy the generic version. A bottle is about 6 bucks. You then mix it 3 pars hibicleans to 1 part water because the bottle is a 4 percent solution and duoxo are 3 percent. You can use your old douxo container or jsut do what i do because I'm lazy and soak them whith the solution as needed.

http://www.amazon.com/HIBICLENS-Chl...c_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1326349383&sr=1-3-spell

This is the more expensive name brand version but you get the idea.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never used them.... I use Witch Hazel on a cotton pad

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Anybody's puppies faces smell like armpit? He still smells fine but his face stinks. I am going to try cleaning it more, but he hates it. I got some witch hazel for his folds, and I have been wiping his whole face with a warm wash cloth as well. He hates his face washed when he gets a bath so it makes it hard to really clean.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Anybody's puppies faces smell like armpit? He still smells fine but his face stinks. I am going to try cleaning it more, but he hates it. I got some witch hazel for his folds, and I have been wiping his whole face with a warm wash cloth as well. He hates his face washed when he gets a bath so it makes it hard to really clean.

The witc hazel will help that...if you are washing the face and not drying, that is why you still get the smell

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

If his face really smells then he could have a yeast infection in one of his wrinkles! That really does stink!!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Excessive tearing will moisten the fur around the dog’s eyes. The warm, moist fur is prone to bacteria growth and yeast growth, especially the growth of “red yeast.”

Red yeast causes tear staining that’s reddish brown in color. The red yeast that grows in the fur may be associated with an odor as well. In fact, some other breeds of dogs, like Pugs, may have tear staining on their cheeks due to a growth of red yeast.

Dog owners can remove a dog’s tear stains by controlling the growth of yeast in the fur around the dog’s eyes.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
the minute Oliver sees the malaket container in my hand he goes running as fast as his short little legs can carry him all the way to the other end of the house in the family room!!! I've started just putting some witch hazel on a cotton ball and using that. I'm also being a little more diligent with giving him his benadryl for his allergies, since it's his boogery, watery eyes that are causing the tear stains.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
are maleacetic wipes essentially the same as the septi-soothe line from drsfostersmith.com?

They look like a cheaper, more pleasant smelling option.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yes! That's how they smell and they work great. I have to chase Jake all over to use them...he hears me opening the jar! But they have been awesome on every little bump and really work.

I've used them too and while the dogs hated the smell, they did work well. I ran out of the wipes so have been using the liquid version of the same stuff on a Huggies "One and Done" aloe/cucumber baby wipe. It helps with the smell. (My dogs hated the smell too) I only regularly use the Malaket on Bea's DEEP DEEP tail pocket -- unless another injury/wound/bump shows up. Wiping both dogs down with the Huggies has helped a lot with the grass related hives the last few days too. Bea spends more time in the pool than on the grass -- but Bo doesn't and he's more grass allergic than Bea anyway.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think lisa said she was using malacetic ultra on the tear stains and it was helping. might be worth trying. the mal-a-ket does smell really bad. maybe you could wipe a qtip or a cotton ball on the pad and put it on the eye folds maybe help cut down on the smell and frenzy afterwards. just a thought

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
so mal-a-ket and maleacetic wipes are two different things??? What are the septi soothe pads?
I'm so confused now.
What do I buy!!? LOL.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes mal-a-ket is a wipe and malacetic is solution. yes it can be confusing sometimes you have to just pic something and try it and if it dont work then try something else. welcome to the world of bullies.

Most Reactions