Thread: Malaket wipes

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Malaket wipes

the minute Oliver sees the malaket container in my hand he goes running as fast as his short little legs can carry him all the way to the other end of the house in the family room!!! I've started just putting some witch hazel on a cotton ball and using that. I'm also being a little more diligent with giving him his benadryl for his allergies, since it's his boogery, watery eyes that are causing the tear stains.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

are maleacetic wipes essentially the same as the septi-soothe line from drsfostersmith.com?

They look like a cheaper, more pleasant smelling option.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Yes! That's how they smell and they work great. I have to chase Jake all over to use them...he hears me opening the jar! But they have been awesome on every little bump and really work.
    I've used them too and while the dogs hated the smell, they did work well. I ran out of the wipes so have been using the liquid version of the same stuff on a Huggies "One and Done" aloe/cucumber baby wipe. It helps with the smell. (My dogs hated the smell too) I only regularly use the Malaket on Bea's DEEP DEEP tail pocket -- unless another injury/wound/bump shows up. Wiping both dogs down with the Huggies has helped a lot with the grass related hives the last few days too. Bea spends more time in the pool than on the grass -- but Bo doesn't and he's more grass allergic than Bea anyway.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i think lisa said she was using malacetic ultra on the tear stains and it was helping. might be worth trying. the mal-a-ket does smell really bad. maybe you could wipe a qtip or a cotton ball on the pad and put it on the eye folds maybe help cut down on the smell and frenzy afterwards. just a thought

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

so mal-a-ket and maleacetic wipes are two different things??? What are the septi soothe pads?
    I'm so confused now.
    What do I buy!!? LOL.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yes mal-a-ket is a wipe and malacetic is solution. yes it can be confusing sometimes you have to just pic something and try it and if it dont work then try something else. welcome to the world of bullies.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Soooo Malaket Wipes are self drying? I know @KMARINO said that but I just want to double check, because I started using them on Lilly's tail pocket (she's sitting and spinning) and they seem very moist. I wasn't sure it would dry in such a tight area, but I didn't want to wipe the "medicine" away

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

I use them in sarahs tail pocket, ears, booty, girly parts and have had no trouble. You can always use desenex or lotrimin powder for drying it. I sometimes do both for Sarah but the powder can be gunky but keeps the pocket dry n is also an anti fungal

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom I didn't know they made lotrimin powder, I have the lotion...I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWoodman View Post
    @cowsmom I didn't know they made lotrimin powder, I have the lotion...I'll have to look into that. Thanks!
    Yes they do n it has a small spout on it perfect for getting into Tp. I found it clogged up a lot so I cut the very tip off n made it wider so now its good

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Per the suggestions here, I decanted the powder into a mustard squeeze bottle (got a set of ketchup and mustard ones at Wmart for $1!) which has a nice skinny tip to get right into wrinkles. After our guy's tail got icky from too much wiping, I now just wipe his tail pocket out with a large cotton cosmetic square (dry) and apply powder between bathings. I ran out of the malaket wipes but haven't seemed to be needing them the last few months. I don't use unscented baby wipes anymore either for the tail pocket. No matter what I did, those seemed to him damp. The lotrimin powder rec. here was the best yet.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Per the suggestions here, I decanted the powder into a mustard squeeze bottle (got a set of ketchup and mustard ones at Wmart for $1!) which has a nice skinny tip to get right into wrinkles. After our guy's tail got icky from too much wiping, I now just wipe his tail pocket out with a large cotton cosmetic square (dry) and apply powder between bathings. I ran out of the malaket wipes but haven't seemed to be needing them the last few months. I don't use unscented baby wipes anymore either for the tail pocket. No matter what I did, those seemed to him damp. The lotrimin powder rec. here was the best yet.
    thanks for posting this as i was going to say that about the mustard bottle but i was at work and well i have to work sometimes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads