Malaket wipes

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola has a weepy right eye and her folds were looking irritated. So, I ordered Malaket wipes from Amazon and got them a couple days ago. I've used the wipes twice now and have a question. Are they supposed to smell really weird? They are pink in color and the smell is something like nail polish remover with some kind of fruit scent. Lola sneezes and rubs her face all over the couch and floor after I use them. I'm afraid they've gone bad or something isn't right with them. The smell stays on my hands for a couple of hours after I use them (even after washing), and it's just not pleasant at all.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
I just got them as well and they are a pinky colour. They smell as well. I read the reviews and some people complained about the smell. Bonez has red yeastand bad tear stains, so I am gonna stick them out. I do use bathroom tissue and dry after I use them. I am also using the shampoo as well. They don't seem to bother him. I got mine from amazon as well. If you haven't already done so ,read the reviews . They might help as well :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have never used the malaket wipes so can't really comment ... I've always used Baby wipes for sensitive skin, and then dried with a cotton wool ball. A lot of people are using witch hazel too.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've been using Witch Hazel on Wilson's yeasty paws twice a day and it has really been helping a lot. I've also been cleaning his tail folds and forehead wrinkles with it.

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Yeah, I've been using witch hazel (works great for her tail pocket and ears) but it wasn't clearing up the irritation of the fold between her eye and nose rope. I decided to try something stronger. Sounds like the Malaket is just smelly. I also tried putting corn starch there after the witch hazel, didn't work either. If the Malaket doesn't work I'll try Desitin, too. Oy.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I also bought the Malaket wipes; They stink horrible and my dogs won't let me near them with them.
Since these guys are so sensitive, something natural would probably be best; I have heard that cornstarch can help whiten dogs white fur and helps keep the moist areas dry, but you would have to be doing it all the time as it absords the moisture but turns into a gross little ball of gunk....

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I had planned to try this (but my dogs stains cleared up and havent come back; not sure why):

"Milk of Magnesia, corn starch and peroxide

Use equal volume of MOM (plain white) and peroxide, and then use the corn starch to make a good paste of this; put on and work well into the stained area and let dry 4 hours. Wash out, CONDITION WELL. Keep doing this for several days until tear staining is gone, although I would recommend skipping a day or two between applications if possible. Apply a thin coat of desitan diaper rash ointment after the area is washed out and dry. Try this every other day if possible and the choice way of doing it. If your dog has heavy stains then do this for 3 days in a row, then skip every other day.

It works well but give it a few days to show results. "

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes! That's how they smell and they work great. I have to chase Jake all over to use them...he hears me opening the jar! But they have been awesome on every little bump and really work.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have the liquid Malaket that I put on cotton balls and wash his face with. IT STINKS HORRIBLE!!!! Vegas runs faster than I have ever seen him run when I come out of the bathroom with a cotton ball with the solution on it, and I wash my hands over and over and they still stink!! I use to throw the cotton balls in the trash and it would stink up the whole kitchen, now I flush them...BUT they do work great!!!! and you don't have to dry afterwards it is self drying. Vegas does go into his crate after I have wiped his face with them and rubs his face all over his crate. He hates the smell too!!!!

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]!!

Exactly what I wanted to know. I should have known she was just being a baby!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So I'm not the only one that has to chase her bully down to clean the wrinkles??? How often do you wipe your bully down with the wipes?
Where can I find witch hazel?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So I'm not the only one that has to chase her bully down to clean the wrinkles??? How often do you wipe your bully down with the wipes?
Where can I find witch hazel?
I use them too, just recently, and they seem to be partially clearing up Wilson's tear stains but have a ways to go. You can get witch hazel at the grocery store, walmart, Walgreens, etc. Wilson's not too fond of the wipes either and tries to run. He doesn't get too far though, lol

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I use the sensitive baby wipes for cleaning Chelsea. She doesn't get stains much on her face besides slightly on her chin... I was told that was because she was a mess drinker and always has water all over her face. I got her destin to make her chin all while again but it smells horrible.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.