My bullie ha problems walking, help!!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
2 of my girls at different times tore their ACL's. Had x-rays taken and it showed this. The vet said they needed surgery but crated them for 8 weeks solid just taking them out to pee and poop. This is a MUST. Also started them on joint supplements. It is 2 years later and they walk fine with no limp whatsoever. I will give them supplements for life since they say it causes arthrtis later in life. You really should have him seen by a vet to get a diagnosis. They can sometimes tell just by moving the joints around. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Roanne

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
As I said before, I was told to consider the surgery, but same as roanne9145, had great improvement after 8 weeks. I did not crate for all that time, but I just tried to keep her relaxed, short leisurely "stop and smell" walks as opposed to real purposeful walks. Tried to restrict running and jumping (hey it happend), but for the most part she self regulated and didn't overuse her limb too much. Also gave a joint supplement.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
What if its a sort of "growing pain?" When bulldogs are growing, can't that throw off their walk?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.