Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My bullie ha problems walking, help!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    chucky
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bullie ha problems walking, help!!!

Yeah he walks like he don't want to put weight on it , something that has called my attention is that when he wakes up and starts walking is worst, when he starts runing and jumping is like nothing is wrong but as I said before when he starts to walk normally his foots seems like it has no power on it, is like it hurts him but he doesn't cry it entering he acts like everything is normal but he doesnt walk normal

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Do you give him any type of joint supplements? If not, try that for a few days to a week and see if there is any improvement
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Rodriguez View Post
    Ok so Chucky is 8 moths old now and for the last days he seems to have problems walking with his front foot, I thought he had hurt himself playing around but it has pass like a week already and he still walks with his foot like it hurts him, I mean he still plays like crazy all day but his foot is not ok, what could it be ?should I just wait hoping that he gets better or it can be something serious that has nothig to be with him getting hurt playing around!!

Hi @Jorge Rodriguez I haven't talked to you in a while. Sorry to hear Chucky is limping. Dolly had a bad limp this summer and the vet told me she needed a knee brace, I checked out different knee braces and decided to double up the dosage I was giving her, Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements. They worked, she does not limp anymore, it takes a couple of weeks to work. You can find them at Walmart in the vitamin section. I use triple strength joint support. I give her 2 pills after her dinner everyday. They are 1700 mg for the 2 of them. I dip them in butter and she swallows them whole. Don't let him jump off of furniture if you can help it, or jump off of beds. Help him down. Bulldog joints are big and sometimes this comes with problems, like limping.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby, Pebble and Stella
    Likes (Received)

2 of my girls at different times tore their ACL's. Had x-rays taken and it showed this. The vet said they needed surgery but crated them for 8 weeks solid just taking them out to pee and poop. This is a MUST. Also started them on joint supplements. It is 2 years later and they walk fine with no limp whatsoever. I will give them supplements for life since they say it causes arthrtis later in life. You really should have him seen by a vet to get a diagnosis. They can sometimes tell just by moving the joints around. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    Roanne

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

As I said before, I was told to consider the surgery, but same as roanne9145, had great improvement after 8 weeks. I did not crate for all that time, but I just tried to keep her relaxed, short leisurely "stop and smell" walks as opposed to real purposeful walks. Tried to restrict running and jumping (hey it happend), but for the most part she self regulated and didn't overuse her limb too much. Also gave a joint supplement.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

What if its a sort of "growing pain?" When bulldogs are growing, can't that throw off their walk?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads