Dry Air and my bulldog

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
During the winters here in the northeast my house gets very dry and if my mouth dries out at night i am sure Opies is as well. Does anyone here run a humidifier for their bully?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i have 2 in my home running constantly when i am here. i turn them off when i leave of course but when im home they are on. i take one into the bedroom at night when we sleep as its very dry in there for some reason. make a difference i can tell sarah breathes better and my other 2 do not scratch as much. i have one that i run at my house for my cats and it helps them to.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have so many fishtanks here at home that we don't need a humidifier, but if we didn't have them we would run humidifiers for sure. I keep a small warming pot at work with water and lavender oil to help humidify my office. I have to fill it daily.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Absolutely ... Can tell right away when the humidifier runs out ... Too much static electricity and crusty noses all around... Anyone have a brand of humidifier that doesn't need to have it's filter changed? As its one of my least favorite chores. Thanks

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] i believe ultrasonic ones dont have a filter and i have a very cheap sunbeam that does not have one. just put in water and go but it does not have any controls or anything fancy on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We were lucky -- our house came with a bultin humidifier attched to the A/C unit..... works very well.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We don't use a humidifier but upstairs in the bedroom we always have at least one window open a crack! Maggie seems to be the only one who suffers from a dry and crusty nose so I put aquaphor on her nose at least once a day in summer and winter. That stuff REALLY works!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Good topic!! I was thinking about that too. I have to go get one for the bedroom because I think Mocha needs it.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Vics makes a humidifier without a filter. I don't know if anyone shops on Etsy.com (I'm big on giving business to small business owners and I looove etsy) but there is a shop called Theblissfuldog and they make a product called nose butter. The lady makes it herself with all sorts of good stuff for dry pooch noses. It's pricey but I'd like to try it sometime.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
We burn wood, so we have 3 humidifiers. We have a hunter one, from Lowes. You never have to change the filter. And a kenmore one and you do have to change filters & use bactostat in it. And if Rollie gets stuffy, I will use the Vicks one in our bedroom, and use the liquid menthol stuff in it.. It works wonders for him, I read online somewhere to do that. And asked the vet and he also recommended it for him. He loves it, sometimes I have to move his bed away from it, he likes sleeping close to it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online