Thread: Anyone know where and how to update the owner info for microchips?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone know where and how to update the owner info for microchips?

Finally remembered to look into Punkin's this morning and thought it was as simple as going on the site he was registered on, but I couldn't find an option on how to update it. I emailed the info desk and yet to receive a reply. Is there a central site for every registration? Or does the vet take care of it?
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone know where and how to update the owner info for microchips?

Which chip does he have? There are a couple different companies.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I think you have to take care of it ... Linus is microchipped and I have the number but been too busy to do anything. @desertskybulldogs Do I change it or do you???

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

We do our own through the chip companies home page..but our vet is listed as a backup...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Punkin's is through 24PetWatch. I think I figured it out, just had to register and then there's an option of adding a pet. Maybe I'll add Stig's too even though his is through a different company. Thanks for the help everyone. I wish they had more info on their f.a.q.s page.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Punkin's is through 24PetWatch. I think I figured it out, just had to register and then there's an option of adding a pet. Maybe I'll add Stig's too even though his is through a different company. Thanks for the help everyone. I wish they had more info on their f.a.q.s page.

Pretty sure Stig has to be done through whatever company the chip is with!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Pretty sure Stig has to be done through whatever company the chip is with!
    Stiggy's already registered but there's a drop menu listing the different providers so I'm going to try adding him and see how it goes.

And darn, of course Punkin's already registered to a diff owner and now I have to call the site. Hopefully all will go smoothly and the accusation of me stealing him will be brief.

Pooper scooper
    Likes (Received)

It has been my experience that the chip must be registered through the company that created it. It is a good idea to have the vet as the backup. I know my vet gets called first as most owners forget to keep the information updated with the companies. I have worked in Vet offices and we have had to do it through the company that originated the chip. I hope I'm not being to redundant.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Stiggy's already registered but there's a drop menu listing the different providers so I'm going to try adding him and see how it goes.

And darn, of course Punkin's already registered to a diff owner and now I have to call the site. Hopefully all will go smoothly and the accusation of me stealing him will be brief.
    Well you let us take care of them Jamie..if they give you one tiny bit of trouble!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I think you have to take care of it ... Linus is microchipped and I have the number but been too busy to do anything. @desertskybulldogs Do I change it or do you???
    You don't have to do anything, I registered Linus already. Did you not get an email for it? I used the english in ohio email addy.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Remove Ads