Anyone know where and how to update the owner info for microchips?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Finally remembered to look into Punkin's this morning and thought it was as simple as going on the site he was registered on, but I couldn't find an option on how to update it. I emailed the info desk and yet to receive a reply. Is there a central site for every registration? Or does the vet take care of it?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think you have to take care of it ... Linus is microchipped and I have the number but been too busy to do anything. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Do I change it or do you???

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkin's is through 24PetWatch. I think I figured it out, just had to register and then there's an option of adding a pet. Maybe I'll add Stig's too even though his is through a different company. Thanks for the help everyone. I wish they had more info on their f.a.q.s page.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Punkin's is through 24PetWatch. I think I figured it out, just had to register and then there's an option of adding a pet. Maybe I'll add Stig's too even though his is through a different company. Thanks for the help everyone. I wish they had more info on their f.a.q.s page.

Pretty sure Stig has to be done through whatever company the chip is with!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pretty sure Stig has to be done through whatever company the chip is with!

Stiggy's already registered but there's a drop menu listing the different providers so I'm going to try adding him and see how it goes.

And darn, of course Punkin's already registered to a diff owner and now I have to call the site. Hopefully all will go smoothly and the accusation of me stealing him will be brief. :begging:

Vickiebarrios

Aug 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It has been my experience that the chip must be registered through the company that created it. It is a good idea to have the vet as the backup. I know my vet gets called first as most owners forget to keep the information updated with the companies. I have worked in Vet offices and we have had to do it through the company that originated the chip. I hope I'm not being to redundant.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Stiggy's already registered but there's a drop menu listing the different providers so I'm going to try adding him and see how it goes.

And darn, of course Punkin's already registered to a diff owner and now I have to call the site. Hopefully all will go smoothly and the accusation of me stealing him will be brief. :begging:

Well you let us take care of them Jamie..if they give you one tiny bit of trouble!! :bitchslap:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you have to take care of it ... Linus is microchipped and I have the number but been too busy to do anything. @desertskybulldogs Do I change it or do you???

You don't have to do anything, I registered Linus already. Did you not get an email for it? I used the english in ohio email addy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.