Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Talking Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

As you know, this little sweetheart Gywnnie is going to be mine in a couple of weeks. She will be the first female puppy/dog I have had in, oh lets just say many many moons. Aside from the normal puppy stuff, which I'm all too familiar with right now since Wilson and Jack just turned 1, is there anything I need to know about Female puppies/dogs? Like does their 'girly' area need to be cleaned a certain way, etc.?

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

OOoooooooo... I am just too excited about the little girl coming home to you!!

Yes, I clean Banks' hooch after she goes pee... as a pup she had UTI after UTI so I got in the habit of clean the hooch just like we do her tail pocket. We also had no plans to breed so we had her spay done at six months to avoid a heat.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

I clean with a baby wipe or sometimes just a damp paper towel. It can get pasty in there if left alone. My girls never had a UTI so they get checked and wiped twice a week, I find that sufficient. What a doll baby.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Im so happy for you!! You have to clean her vagina because they are prone to UTIs. Mocha had these several times and it was awful! I would get her spayed in time also as this helps prevent UTI,s and other girly problems.
    LisaMarie

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the tips! I suppose if I can be a professional booty wiper, clean out of Wilson's
    mouth, I can clean a hoochie too. She will be spayed. I'll have th boys nipped in April we won't have to worry about that issue. I read more UTI posts soon so I can become familar with them.

I can't wait for her!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

The first time Mocha had one, she had a fever and she was yelpping and didnt want us to touch her belly. It was so sad to see her like that and she was only about 4 months old!! Another thing is that their vajayjay will swell up when they get one of these. I think I posted about it a couple of times here.
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I use an alcohol free baby wipe on macy. But i only do it after a poo since thats when macy needs help. She cant take a poo without getting poo all over her bum. Lol. So i wipe her lady part first and then move on to her bum. She too is scheduled to be spayed at 6 months.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sarah has had a couple of yeast problems in her lady part folds so make sure as with other folds its dry after cleaning. congrats my friend. good for you.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I must be very very lucky as with Maggie we haven't had any UTI problems or yeast problems. I do wipe her with the baby wipes for sensitive skin ... the same as I use on her butt and her wrinkles ... tail pocket .. EVERYTHING!!!

Apart from that .... expect some serious attitude from a girl. As we all know .. girls rule ... and your baby girl will be no exception!!!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

Ok, I have baby wipes that I use on Wilson's face & booty and keep that area dry. I'll use the same ones for Gwynnie on her "lady parts" if she's has any issues of course. @LisaMarie, thanks for that info. This girl stuff is all new to me.

@kazzy220, I expect some serious girl's rule attitude from both of us, lol.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@JeannieCO ... GIRL POWER!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    The first time Mocha had one, she had a fever and she was yelpping and didnt want us to touch her belly. It was so sad to see her like that and she was only about 4 months old!! Another thing is that their vajayjay will swell up when they get one of these. I think I posted about it a couple of times here.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Thanks for all the tips! I suppose if I can be a professional booty wiper, clean out of Wilson's
    mouth, I can clean a hoochie too. She will be spayed. I'll have th boys nipped in April we won't have to worry about that issue. I read more UTI posts soon so I can become familar with them.

I can't wait for her!!!
    Sounds like you need a Bidet!
    Wow..50 years of having girlie dogs...never had these issues!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads