Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH gets a cranberry pill every morning to help aid in the prevention of UTIs. I don't know about using cranberry pills for puppies tho.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], I gotta go find that girl power sign.

@Fontanafox , carpert burns, oh my, never thought about that, for a dog anyhoots. :ashamed:

@Lucy-licious! What the heck are nappy wipes? Are those different that baby wipes?

@BruceP , cranberry pills? Where do you get those? :)

[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION], thank you. I'll be sure to post tons of pics as she grows. :)

Ok, let me know about the Apple Cider Vinegar because the boys get that now in their water. I'll just take it away for a bit though.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Keep it coming if you think of anything else. :up:

Found it!!! :feminist:

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We get HRHs cranberry pills at WalMart in the vitamin area. I just mix one into her food in the morning. They are about the same size as the Fromm so she just gobbles it down. :)

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea gets a swipe with a CLEAN wipe while I'm already in the neighborhood cleaning her tail pocket.

I have nothing else brilliant to add in this fantastic thread.
Not even another cute synonym for lady parts.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
to be honest i have discontinued acv ,i have always given it to annie thinking that its doing her good,but ive reasearched leaky gut syndrome and have read that acv can actually encourage yeast!!!,anything with sugar in it can and even though the acv is all natural it still contains sugar,since stopping the acv and introducing acidophilus her itching,hotspots and cheesy smell have all but gone,i havnt introduced anything for uti but im thinking of going with cranberry tablets,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
LOL sometimes I forget I'm foreign :p I said Nappy rash cream :) I think that would be diaper cream?? er maybe? I use sudocrem every night on Lucys bits, just a teeny tiny bit.
aw your not foreign your just way way over there in outer space from us. :hahaha:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is a great topic, and very important! A lot of it depends on how low to the ground they pee, yes the folds can get yeast and bacteria just like the nose rope.

Nappy rash cream is basically Desitin or any diaper rash ointment :)

I mainly use a baby wipe drenched in Mal a cetic otic, or witch hazel, anything with a drying agent.

Molly squats so low she almost sits in her pee so I have to watch her more often, but Mandy for example squats high so I barely need to clean her folds, just when doing their ears once a week.

Years ago the first time I noticed it was an issue was when a female would do the boot scoot boogie. Thought it was an itchy butt but it was an itchy girlie part!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Yes .... Diapers are nappys!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I too have been quite lucky it seems! No problems with my 3 girls. I do however do a complete makeover once a week which includes, eye's, ears, butts, nails, folds and hoochie with wipes! They enjoy being fussed over so it becomes easy. I also put desitin on all the spots that need it. Good luck with your beautiful girl and she is Beautiful!
Roanne
PS: I do wipe the butts when they poo so it doesn't get all over the place which only happens when the poo is soft! LOL

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Same here, baby wipes a couple times a week. She squats very low, and touches the grass when she pees, so we wipe her down regularly. Lola has had two UTIs, both right after we got her, at 2 and 3 months old. Not fun, don't want to repeat. We had her spayed right at 6 months and avoided her first heat entirely. We call it the hoohoo :)

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
My girl has not had any issues with girl parts either ... but ... a word on spaying ... I never planned on breeding and of course the all the vets and liturature encourage to spay as soon as you can, but my girl has pretty bad entropian (skin around the eye starts to turn in and the hairs ulcerate the eyes). This is apparently common in English Bulldogs due to the excess skin around the eyes and face in general. This is obviously painful/uncomfortable for the dog and a $3000 surgery to correct. My new vet said that in English Bulldogs, Mastiffs, SharPeis and any other dog who has wrinkles/loose skin around the eyes should consider holding off spaying until their skulls are done developing (2 years); which should naturally take care of the skull to skin ratio. Both my EBs were spayed young, only 1 (the more wrinkly one) has this issue.

Just food for thought....

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wow thank you everyone for all the great information, I really appreciate it. Now if Gwynnie's tilly part isn't too low it should make cleaning easier. I clean Wilson a few times a week, and daily on his folds and bootie so Gwynnie won't be an issue. All this time I thought Wilson was 'getting serviced' by my old dog Ace who just passed, I think he was actually driving up for a cleaning for his man part. His man tilly drug the ground before he got some height to him. :laugh:

I've learned a lot from this post so again, I thank you all. I will refer back to it in the future. :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.