Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
As you know, this little sweetheart Gywnnie is going to be mine in a couple of weeks. She will be the first female puppy/dog I have had in, oh lets just say many many moons. Aside from the normal puppy stuff, which I'm all too familiar with right now since Wilson and Jack just turned 1, is there anything I need to know about Female puppies/dogs? Like does their 'girly' area need to be cleaned a certain way, etc.?

5weeks6.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OOoooooooo... I am just too excited about the little girl coming home to you!! :happydance:

Yes, I clean Banks' hooch after she goes pee... as a pup she had UTI after UTI so I got in the habit of clean the hooch just like we do her tail pocket. We also had no plans to breed so we had her spay done at six months to avoid a heat.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I clean with a baby wipe or sometimes just a damp paper towel. It can get pasty in there if left alone. My girls never had a UTI so they get checked and wiped twice a week, I find that sufficient. What a doll baby.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:luv: Im so happy for you!! You have to clean her vagina because they are prone to UTIs. Mocha had these several times and it was awful! I would get her spayed in time also as this helps prevent UTI,s and other girly problems.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for all the tips! I suppose if I can be a professional booty wiper, clean :poo: out of Wilson's
mouth, I can clean a hoochie too. She will be spayed. I'll have th boys nipped in April we won't have to worry about that issue. I read more UTI posts soon so I can become familar with them.

I can't wait for her!!! :D

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
The first time Mocha had one, she had a fever and she was yelpping and didnt want us to touch her belly. It was so sad to see her like that and she was only about 4 months old!! Another thing is that their vajayjay will swell up when they get one of these. I think I posted about it a couple of times here.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I use an alcohol free baby wipe on macy. But i only do it after a poo since thats when macy needs help. She cant take a poo without getting poo all over her bum. Lol. So i wipe her lady part first and then move on to her bum. She too is scheduled to be spayed at 6 months.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah has had a couple of yeast problems in her lady part folds so make sure as with other folds its dry after cleaning. congrats my friend. good for you.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I must be very very lucky as with Maggie we haven't had any UTI problems or yeast problems. I do wipe her with the baby wipes for sensitive skin ... the same as I use on her butt and her wrinkles ... tail pocket .. EVERYTHING!!!

Apart from that .... expect some serious attitude from a girl. As we all know .. girls rule ... and your baby girl will be no exception!!! :luv: :up:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, I have baby wipes that I use on Wilson's face & booty and keep that area dry. I'll use the same ones for Gwynnie on her "lady parts" if she's has any issues of course. [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION], thanks for that info. This girl stuff is all new to me.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], I expect some serious girl's rule attitude from both of us, lol. :luv::love:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:feminist: [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] ... GIRL POWER!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The first time Mocha had one, she had a fever and she was yelpping and didnt want us to touch her belly. It was so sad to see her like that and she was only about 4 months old!! Another thing is that their vajayjay will swell up when they get one of these. I think I posted about it a couple of times here.

:pics:

:j/k:
Thanks for all the tips! I suppose if I can be a professional booty wiper, clean :poo: out of Wilson's
mouth, I can clean a hoochie too. She will be spayed. I'll have th boys nipped in April we won't have to worry about that issue. I read more UTI posts soon so I can become familar with them.

I can't wait for her!!! :D

Sounds like you need a Bidet!
Wow..50 years of having girlie dogs...never had these issues! :eek:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I clean Katara's private area with a baby wipe about twice a week. Gosh, Gwinnie is so adorable!! Can't wait to hear all the stories of when she comes home!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I do have to wash BabyGirl down everyday because her urine irritates her in the folds of her girly bits plus my carpeting is on the rough side so I think it scratches too! She has never had a UTI though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.