Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

Yet another reason to stick to male dogs for this girl.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Calling all FEMALE puppy/dog parents. I have a couple of questions. :)

I clean Katara's private area with a baby wipe about twice a week. Gosh, Gwinnie is so adorable!! Can't wait to hear all the stories of when she comes home!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I do have to wash BabyGirl down everyday because her urine irritates her in the folds of her girly bits plus my carpeting is on the rough side so I think it scratches too! She has never had a UTI though.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

HRH gets a cranberry pill every morning to help aid in the prevention of UTIs. I don't know about using cranberry pills for puppies tho.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220, I gotta go find that girl power sign.

@Fontanafox , carpert burns, oh my, never thought about that, for a dog anyhoots.

@Lucy-licious! What the heck are nappy wipes? Are those different that baby wipes?

@BruceP , cranberry pills? Where do you get those?

@acarabias, thank you. I'll be sure to post tons of pics as she grows.

Ok, let me know about the Apple Cider Vinegar because the boys get that now in their water. I'll just take it away for a bit though.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Keep it coming if you think of anything else.

Found it!!!
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 01-11-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

We get HRHs cranberry pills at WalMart in the vitamin area. I just mix one into her food in the morning. They are about the same size as the Fromm so she just gobbles it down.
    Last edited by BruceP; 01-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bea gets a swipe with a CLEAN wipe while I'm already in the neighborhood cleaning her tail pocket.

I have nothing else brilliant to add in this fantastic thread.
    Not even another cute synonym for lady parts.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

to be honest i have discontinued acv ,i have always given it to annie thinking that its doing her good,but ive reasearched leaky gut syndrome and have read that acv can actually encourage yeast!!!,anything with sugar in it can and even though the acv is all natural it still contains sugar,since stopping the acv and introducing acidophilus her itching,hotspots and cheesy smell have all but gone,i havnt introduced anything for uti but im thinking of going with cranberry tablets,karen

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    LOL sometimes I forget I'm foreign I said Nappy rash cream I think that would be diaper cream?? er maybe? I use sudocrem every night on Lucys bits, just a teeny tiny bit.
    aw your not foreign your just way way over there in outer space from us. :hahaha:

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

This is a great topic, and very important! A lot of it depends on how low to the ground they pee, yes the folds can get yeast and bacteria just like the nose rope.

Nappy rash cream is basically Desitin or any diaper rash ointment

I mainly use a baby wipe drenched in Mal a cetic otic, or witch hazel, anything with a drying agent.

Molly squats so low she almost sits in her pee so I have to watch her more often, but Mandy for example squats high so I barely need to clean her folds, just when doing their ears once a week.

Years ago the first time I noticed it was an issue was when a female would do the boot scoot boogie. Thought it was an itchy butt but it was an itchy girlie part!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@JeannieCO and @Lucy-licious! Yes .... Diapers are nappys!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby, Pebble and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I too have been quite lucky it seems! No problems with my 3 girls. I do however do a complete makeover once a week which includes, eye's, ears, butts, nails, folds and hoochie with wipes! They enjoy being fussed over so it becomes easy. I also put desitin on all the spots that need it. Good luck with your beautiful girl and she is Beautiful!
    Roanne
    PS: I do wipe the butts when they poo so it doesn't get all over the place which only happens when the poo is soft! LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads