Where are the generic dog traits in my dog!?!?!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We've had Molly home for a few weeks now (she's 11 weeks old) and i just realized whats missing.

1) she doesn't pant (that i've seen)
2) there is no tail wagging
3) she has one look... that i like to call 'the stare down'.
4) this isn't missing but its strange... she makes noises straight out of the movie 'Gremlins'. (some like Gizmo .. some like the gremlins).

Is this Bulldog normal?

She seems happy. Her day is broken down to about 40% sleeping.. 40% trying to play with / attack our other dog (head down.. tuckus up.. but never a wag).. and 20% chewing on any shoe she can find.

I've seen her run around the house like she's possessed for minutes on end but never pant. Granted... she normally falls over asleep right after, so maybe snoring is her way of panting.

She has a little curly tail.. the nice kind that requires consent 'pocket' cleaning :barf: but i've never seen it move.

WOULD IT KILL HER TO SMILE!! :D

~Brian

PS. After hearing her make those noises i was worried about giving her a bath and feeding her after midnight.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Sounds 100% normal to me!! Vegas has every thing you mentioned, he does not wag his tail, he only has a 1 inch flap tail, but he wags his whole butt, he will stare me down, he will run like a wildman through the house, then fall flat on the tile to cool off, he makes gremlin or chewbacca noises. He does pant but he weights 63, maybe Molly is still to young and can carry her weight unlike Vegas :ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ROFL: Well..she sounds perfectly Bully normal! There are others here whose dogs make the "Chewbaca" sounds...The panting comes more with heat and she's probably really not exerting herself! Aren't the hidden "pockets" and other hidden places (you've NOT discovered yet) FUN? I bet her tail is wagging on the INSIDE! And she IS smiling..you just can't see it cuz. "You Are Lost"! Give it up..you're a captive already.

I bet Molly is thinking....
...:hmm: why is this human cleaning my butt?
:D I think he understands ME!
:confused: why is he staring at my face
:eek: Why is he wagging my tail?
:luv: He loves me just the way I am!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
@KMARINO ha ha! Bubba does all of those things too! Rolls on his back and wiggles around and make noises that I've NEVER heard a dog make! Gremlin is a good word! He'll get a wild hair, take off around the house, with his butt under him and act like he's CRAZY! I keep the other dogs next to me on the couch when he gets in those moods! He will just plow his way through everyone and usually end up on his favorite chair and do the same thing...dig up the cushion...fall on his back and get up and do it all again! Only thing different is that he wags his little corkscrew tail...along with the entire back end when happy to see me or anyone else!

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Sounds very.normal ...my bully just turned.one and she just started.to pant on a regular basis.....she didnt really start till like around 6months mayb?...hav fun and enjoy ur bully ...aint no affection u can really get elsewhere bside from ur own bully ....js make sure u take.care of her good ....what determine dere health and hips/joints all determined in da first 18months from birth

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Gotta love those bulldog noises! Sometimes I'll hear a weird noise at night and I'll pause to hear what it is...and come to find that it's Tank snoring. :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:ROFL: Well..she sounds perfectly Bully normal! There are others here whose dogs make the "Chewbaca" sounds...The panting comes more with heat and she's probably really not exerting herself! Aren't the hidden "pockets" and other hidden places (you've NOT discovered yet) FUN? I bet her tail is wagging on the INSIDE! And she IS smiling..you just can't see it cuz. "You Are Lost"! Give it up..you're a captive already.

I bet Molly is thinking....
...:hmm: why is this human cleaning my butt?
:D I think he understands ME!
:confused: why is he staring at my face
:eek: Why is he wagging my tail?
:luv: He loves me just the way I am!

Truer words never spoken.....on this subject
good job [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome to the world of the Bully Owner!!! Isn't it greattttttt!!! :up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] That is just the cutest thing ever!! It's a Regal Wiggle!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Don't worry [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] - you'll get the combo platter of panting, farting, snorting and the whole schemere eventually and sometimes all at once!
Bea never panted once as a pup but now she does it after a MINIMAL amount of exercise. She's shaped like a fireplug. Seriously. So that makes sense.
Bo pants only when there's been some sustained activity.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.