If you had the resources would you clone your bully?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i do totally understand the concept i do. if something were to happen to sarah i would just be so upset. i have often said just put me in a hole with her. but i think we are meant to be here and go on somewhere else. i dont think this would be for me. i dunno seems like you would miss out on some other awsome animal that might come your way. and this is in no way meant to be upsetting to anyone just my opinion.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
But why wouldn't you want to remember each one as an individual? Nope..I love my critters for who THEY are and it wouldn't make each of them as special.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
If I had the money , I would. Although when clonning you get the markings ,same coloring but you will never get the same spirit.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I don't think it's possible to clone a soul. None of us get enough time with our pets, I have to believe that even when their bodies leave, their souls go on and somewhere down the road all our souls will meet again...

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I see your points. Cerebrally they make sense , but I have to tell you the heart is another story. If I would have known this was an option, I would have had tissue frozen to do it in the future. I would probably take out a second mortgage just to do it. I think sometimes your heart wants something so badly that no mater how much it doesn't make logical sense, you will do whatever it takes to have that even if it's just a close replica. Apparently a lot of people are upset that she spent this kind of money on a dog. But as we all know sometimes a dog isn't just a dog.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dunno somehow i think though it keeps you in the past and doesnt let you move on as life intends you to do. i dont think you can clone the spirit. i wonder if it would even be the same dog or just look like it. i dunno if thats how she wants to spend her money well its hers to spend really. i do so understand the heart issue i really do.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
You know, she obviously loved her dog a great deal . I wonder what will happen in the future . Will she be disappointed with the new dog because she is expecting a replica of the other or if just appearance alone will be enough to fill the void she obviously has.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
It is an interesting show. I saw it. The thing of it is you cant clone the spirit, the soul. I think She knows that.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with what a couple of people have said. I think it's just the physical body that is cloned and the spirit, personality and soul of the dog will never be the same.

I think she is setting herself up for disappointment and heartbreak. Also, I do believe in the magic that is creation .... during the creation of every individual thing on this planet that is when the character and personality are also created. If a dog is "man-made" then how is the creatures character and personality shaped??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I see your points. Cerebrally they make sense , but I have to tell you the heart is another story. If I would have known this was an option, I would have had tissue frozen to do it in the future. I would probably take out a second mortgage just to do it. I think sometimes your heart wants something so badly that no mater how much it doesn't make logical sense, you will do whatever it takes to have that even if it's just a close replica. Apparently a lot of people are upset that she spent this kind of money on a dog. But as we all know sometimes a dog isn't just a dog.

So TOTALLY agree!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Personally...I wouldn't. I was sad when we had to have Jack euthanized. We sooo wanted to hold onto him longer but without his passing we may not have ended up with Tank when we did. As sad as loosing a beloved pet can be, it usually opens up the heart to love another one later.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
wow, it's interesting to see how this will develop and if it will be a common practice in the future. To think a computer was 30000 dlls when they started and the size of an entire room, now you can get one for 300 dlls and some are teeny tiny and everybody has one.. I am curious to see what will be the common practice in 10 years.. It is scary to me, I wonder about of the soul of those beings.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online