Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tubs update

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Default Tubs update

Thank you all for your kind words regarding Tubs and his bad kennel experience. I have to say that his face looks a lot better, but his lips are still red. When I get home I will take a picture and post. He is still acting funny. Last night I let him lay on the couch with me until bed time. He fell asleep right away and stayed asleep the entire time. When it is bed time I usually can say "time for bed" and he jumps up and comes running into the bedroom. Last night he took a little coaxing, but he came in. He usually tries to get into bed with us by jumping up and putting his from paws up on the bed. Last night he laid right down on his bed and feel asleep before I even got into bed. He also heard something that spooked him as soon as the lights went out and he started barking. I had to sit with him to get him to calm down. This is not him at all. He is also cawarding away from me when I try to give him a treat. I hold it in my hand and sit on the floor and hold it out to him, but he ducks his head and steps backwards. I am not sure what is going on there because he usually comes running for a treat. I am not sure what went on there when it came to treats, but I know they gave him treats because I sent him with a new bag and it is almost empty now. I stopped home during work this morning and when I walked into the door he got excited and started jumping up....he usually doesn't do this and I wouldn't accept this, but it made me feel better that he was getting a little more excited. However, that didn't last long and he because lathargic again and laid down. I sat on the couch and let him get up there with me again and he laid his head on my chest and fell asleep right away. My husband also said he didn't budge when he unlocked the door and walked in, he actually had to wake him up. All I can say is that he was cooped up in that kennel all week with no interaction whatsoever and did nothing but sleep the whole time. I told my husband to make sure he played with him all day to see if we can get him out of this funk. I am not liking this at all! I will be sitting down and writing a letter to the kennel as well. I am just very upset because everyone told me wonderful things about this place and said they never heard a bad thing about them.....well there is always a first time!!!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tubs update

IM wondering if maybe he DID'nt sleep while there and he is exhausted. Maybe he couldn't sleep in a strange place... ????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    IM wondering if maybe he DID'nt sleep while there and he is exhausted. Maybe he couldn't sleep in a strange place... ????
    I didn't think about that. That would explain why he laid right down in the car and why he has been falling asleep right away! Maybe I should just tell my hubby to sit on the couch with him and let him sleep.....I'm sure you won't hear a complaint out of my husband! LOL

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by speechmom53 View Post
    I didn't think about that. That would explain why he laid right down in the car and why he has been falling asleep right away! Maybe I should just tell my hubby to sit on the couch with him and let him sleep.....I'm sure you won't hear a complaint out of my husband! LOL
    Hahaha!

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking the same too, that he didn't sleep comfortably so he's all pooped out. I'd give him a week to adjust and get back to his old self ... and continue spoiling him because he sure does deserve it.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree, I would think he is acting like that cause he didnt sleep at all at daycare. On the other issue, you will probably just have to give it time. Keep trying to give him treats. He may be mad at you for sending him there and Im sure all the strange noises he heard made him more sensitive to noises at home. Can dog have nightmares?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Harper Jiggs
    Likes (Received)

Buster is always exhausted when he comes home and he LOVES the place he stays. He gets so excited by all the activity, other dogs and people, and I don't think he sleeps much at all while he is there. He sleeps a lot for a few days then is back to normal.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I think Tubs came home exhausted. Mack and Ruggles love going to their doggie hotel but always come home completely worn out and pretty much sleep for a couple of days. One thing we always do is request that they be together or at least next to each other and always have play time together. Also we write out directions for any special needs, like Mack's meds.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

My dogs were hoarse when I used a kennel. They barked the whole time they were there. They also slept alot too when they got home.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree with every one, I don't think he sleep well at all, being in a strange place. Just give him time and plenty of TLC and he should be fine. Poor boy was just stressed out.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@speechmom53 He could be stressed, absolutely. But, if I were you, I would call and ask for a report of:

how he did while he was there... did he interact, was he scared or timid, did he get sick, did he eat his whole meal everyday, how did he sleep...I have more, but you get the idea.

I use to work at a daycare/overnite dog facility ... you'd be VERY upset to know what does/doesn't happen. Me, when I worked the store - I was very honest with the cutomers, the other employees --hmmm, not so much.

Also, just because the bag of treats is almost empty or the food is gone --- do NOT assume they ate. There was a bulldog at the facility I worked - he would not eat when he was there for overnights -- I actually would hand feed him - that was the only time he ate.
    Last edited by 2BullyMama; 01-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

poor tubs. i agree he was very stressed out and he is exhausted and maybe a bit off kilter with being back home. id give it a few days and let him kinda set the pace. he will soon be back to normal i hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads