Tubs update

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I aree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you need to call them to see what he did or didn't do she he was there.. It will help you understand his behavior better.. Sounds like he is starting to feel comfortable again though.. poor tubs!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Did they send Tubs home with any paperwork? When our dogs get kenneled they have a "report card" that tells us how they did as far as eating, behavior, and elimination.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He could be tired from not sleeping .. he could be depressed ... either way, treat both things in the same way. Kick straight back into the old routine as soon as possible. Just cos you feel guilty, don't start doing things different because all you will do is feed the anxiety!!

The faster you kick back into the old routine he's had all his life ... the quicker you will see the recovery!!

Please, do not let your guilt at putting him in there, in any way change how you react to him now. He is thirsting and he is needing his old life back to give him reassurance. You need to now pretend that week NEVER happened, and I promise that if you do that 150% you will have your baby back.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
He could be tired from not sleeping .. he could be depressed ... either way, treat both things in the same way. Kick straight back into the old routine as soon as possible. Just cos you feel guilty, don't start doing things different because all you will do is feed the anxiety!!

The faster you kick back into the old routine he's had all his life ... the quicker you will see the recovery!!

Please, do not let your guilt at putting him in there, in any way change how you react to him now. He is thirsting and he is needing his old life back to give him reassurance. You need to now pretend that week NEVER happened, and I promise that if you do that 150% you will have your baby back.

*nods in agreement*

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
HI All....we have been away for a little while again...just really busy, so I haven't been able to get on here as much. Tubs is doing better. I would say he is 99% back to his old self, but there are somethings that when he does them, make me think....he didn't use to do that. I also noticed that it is harder for me to keep his rope clean since he has been home. It was horrible when we picked him up from the kennel. I have never seen his rope get like that after one week. I took care of it right away and I notice that if I let him go for a couple of days it is really bad again. I am just going to keep on top of it and see what happens. He is playing again and he is doing very well with taking his treats. I am currently working in a school right now, but I will be leaving this position on February 10th. I have been working long hours because I work all day in the school and then I do early intervention after work. When I leave the school I will be only working during the day. That will leave more time for me to be home with my family. I am also planning on taking him to a new obedience school that certifies dogs as therapy dogs. I think this added training and extra time with mommy will help too.....thank you all for your input and concern!!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HI All....we have been away for a little while again...just really busy, so I haven't been able to get on here as much. Tubs is doing better. I would say he is 99% back to his old self, but there are somethings that when he does them, make me think....he didn't use to do that. I also noticed that it is harder for me to keep his rope clean since he has been home. It was horrible when we picked him up from the kennel. I have never seen his rope get like that after one week. I took care of it right away and I notice that if I let him go for a couple of days it is really bad again. I am just going to keep on top of it and see what happens. He is playing again and he is doing very well with taking his treats. I am currently working in a school right now, but I will be leaving this position on February 10th. I have been working long hours because I work all day in the school and then I do early intervention after work. When I leave the school I will be only working during the day. That will leave more time for me to be home with my family. I am also planning on taking him to a new obedience school that certifies dogs as therapy dogs. I think this added training and extra time with mommy will help too.....thank you all for your input and concern!!! :)

So happy to hear he is getting back to himself -- I think the therapy classes are a great idea. Fits you and would be awesome that you can take him to work with you

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh this is good news that he is better n your life is going to be better. I hope all his problems go away with time. Keep us posted when you can

Members online

No members online now.