Not Happy!!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
WOW! Did you say anything to them? I am pretty sure I would be going back over there and ripping someone a new a$$. Poor Tubs. :( Thankfully I havent had to board, after hearing the few horror stories here I am sure it would be a difficult call to make if we ever had to.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor, poor Tubs! And poor you to have a nice cruise, then come home to your baby like that. :*( That makes me so angry...grrrrr. After hearing so many bad boarding stories, I never want to kennel Frank anywhere. We have been lucky that the two times we had to go away, my younger teenage brothers were more than happy to stay in our house and take care of Frank. I never worried because they are super responsible. But now we moved, I have a feeling we just won't go on any trips.

I am sure after some adjustment, Tubs will be back to his normal happy self! I am sure he is already better just being home and loved. :luv: And like everyone else's bullies, Frank also starts shedding when he is stressed, even just the terror of a car ride will cause clumps of hair to fall out!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Whenever we went away on vacation, and came back to him, he would pout. He wouldn't look at us for a few days, wouldn't come near us. I think he was trying to tellus 2 can play that game.

I'm so sorry you Tubs had such a bad experience. I think I would call them and let them know how you feel. Let them know you'd check with the BBB if he needs vet care due to him being mistreated while you were gone. I really hope you took pictures of how he looked when you got back.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
my heart breaks for Tubs. I am so sorry to hear that he was treated poorly. It may take a couple days to get back to normal. I am sure the shedding is from stress. I too loose my hair when stressed out. I will be bald before I am 50.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Awwww poor baby! This is why I can't board Chelsea. Usually at least once a month I need to travel for work and need to schedule it around my boyfriend's schedule so he can watch her. If my travel is longer or he is going with me then I bring my pup to stay up north with my mom. Chelsea is very very sensitive and people don't understand. I would report them to the BBB and talk to your vet about your experience too. Vets will usually recommend boarding and training places to clients and it might be good for them to make sure not to recommend the place to others.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Awwww. This breaks my heart. So hard to leave the little buggers when we have to travel.

Others have mentioned this already but it will give you peace of mind if you have someone stay at your place to take care of Tubs. It is a little more expensive but it is worth it in the end to know the bullies are safe and cared for. Perhaps you can give someone a test run for an overnight or a weekend and see how it works out from there.

Give Tubs a big hug from us and hopefully he will be back to himself in no time.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor Tubs, and I know how you feel! I unfortunately had a very similar situation over a year ago, the first time we boarded Vegas he did great (so I thought) the second time (both were cruises) I arrived 4 hours early to pick him up and he was filthy, red, swollen and stunk to high heaven!! I actually cried as we were driving home. I think the first time she bathed and cleaned him up right before we got there, the second time I caught her off guard. I will NEVER board him again.! My son keeps Vegas and last month a girlfriend that has two boys kept him for an over nighter. I don't know what we will do next summer when we take a vaca, but it will definately not be boarding Vegas! These boarding places are a JOKE, they are in it for the money. I left strict instructions on how to wash his face daily etc...and Vegas's place was an air conditions "spa" so they said!! :cursing: I am so pissed for you and it is making me pissed just remembering our situation. So now you know not to trust any of the boarding, no matter how much they say they care, it is only your money they are after!!!!

OK rant over, and again I am so sorry this happened to poor tubs!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh my ... I am just so sorry because I know how awful you felt leaving him ... I would certainly call the place and let them know how you found him. That was surely a depressed baby that you brought home with you.

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
They didn't do their job. How can they be a service for boarding and keeping animals safe when Tubbs has eye crust all over his face and his folds are not tended to?

Plz never use them again obviously, and I hope your little guy gets better over the next few days. Im sure he will be A OK.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
How is Tubb's doing these days???? Anyone know?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
oh my god this is so horrible. poor tubs! i hope hope hope he is back to normal soon. this confirms my resolve never to leave my dogs unless a trusted caregiver moves in. my heart breaks for tubs, and you.

as a suggestion, you could try a few drops of rescue remedy in tubs' water bowl for a couple of days. it helps with emotional stuff.

*praying for tubs*:begging:

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
this is extremely sad, its a shame "professionals" cannot be trusted, I am thankful my sister is always willing to babysit, family or friends is the safest way to go

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.