Not Happy!!!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So we returned from our Disney Cruise today. We had a wonderful time! However, when we went to pick up Tubs I was not happy at all. When we walked in and I told the lady we were there to pick up Tub and Sadie her response was "Sadie! Oh she is my buddy!" Nothing about Tubs. She continued to talk about how she hung out with Sadie and took her for walks. Sadie is a 13 year old lab, so she was talking about how she got her to get up to go out for walks and the fact that she took a braided leash to put under her hips to help her walk when she needed it. We also heard about how my uncle went over to the kennel 3 or 4 times and took Sadie out for a long walk during each visit, but never said anything about him taking Tubs out for a walk at all. I know he never did due to the fact that the lady didn't realize Sadie and Tubs were together. All the while nothing was being said about Tubs except he was a character and a bulldog! When they brought him out to me I thought he would be so excited to see me, but instead he came out with his head down and shaking. I almost started crying when I saw his face. His face was all red, he had horrible crust under his eyes from where his eyes were running and dried up indicating no one wiped his face. His nose rope was also red and when I lifted it up it was disgusting. I have never seen it that bad before. His lips were also red. When we got him in the car to come home he got so worked up that he threw up his dinner in the car. When I got him home I waited a little bit, but I had to clean him up! When I tried to get him to come over to me I used a treat and he tried to snap it out of my hand and then when I tried to take him by his leash he ducked his head and tried to run away from me. Both of those behaviors are not him at all and make me concerned that something happened to him while he was there. When I finally got him I took his wipes to clean his nose rope, but it was so bad that I had to use a warm, wet wash cloth to get all of the crap out from under his rope first before I could use his wipes to clean him. My husband commented that he wasn't trying to pull away like he usually does probably because it hurt so bad! While I am typing this he has been laying on the couch with his head on my left arm snoring away! His face is looking better already, still a little pink, but not as red and irritated as it was when I picked him up. My dad was very concerned that Sadie wasn't going to be taken care of or that she was going to have a difficult time since she was so old, but it seems like everyone gave her all the attention and ignored Tubs all week. I also noticed that he has been shedding a lot! I don't know what that is all about! Anyway, I will not be taking him there again and I will not be going away any more unless I can find someone I can trust to take care of him or I can take him with me! :eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a horrible way to end a vacation... so sorry about your boy, this really pisses me off.

Give him hugs from us. Having worked at a day care, I can tell you first hand, people have their favorites (breed or specific dog) and will ignore others and just feed.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my that is so awful for you to come home to . i am just pissed i tell you. i do not understand how you can do that to an animal. im so glad you are able to take care of him now and get him fixed up. the extra shedding maybe due to stress at least i hope that is all it is. sarah will shed when we take her in the car to the vets and the whole time we are there until we get home. gosh im sorry this happened to you. :hug:

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Great. I shouldnt have read this. We are planning a vacation in july and have to board Macy.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
How horrible! I would be ticked the bully off too. We have had tummy problems with Aubrey when we've boarded her. I was so happy when my boss fell in love with her. Now she begs to babysit and I know she will be well taken care of when we go out of town. I work at an assisted living and my boss will bring her to work and let the residents love on her during the day while she's at work (I normally take her only every Friday).

No matter what though, I always worry about leaving her because people just do not realize how much care our babies need. I hope you can find someone responsible or a pet friendly vacation next time so you don't have to miss out and your baby is in good hands.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] I wouldn't be happy either.. poor Tubs, what an awful experience for him! Sorry you had to see him like that, I would probably call and complain about the way they treated him.. at least he is home now were he belongs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry. I have had bad experiences in the past also. We have come to the conclusion, if our dogs can't go, we have a pet sitter that stays in our home. It has been wonderful. And honestly, by the time we would board 2 dogs and 2 cats...it's cheaper.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
That's sad! When I take Rollie to the vet, he gets so worked up. He's a heavy breathier any way. The vet always says, he always knows when Rollie enters the building.. He's that loud. And his hair falls out like crazy when we go.. And last time, I actually had to lay outside in the grass with him and rub his back when we got home. He kept throwing up too. I think they just get stressed out very easily. My parents even watched him once, and he was stressed out. I hope nothing happened to Tubs there..sending hugs!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh man thats just horrible!!!! Poor Tubs. I would have come unglued and have them a piece of my mind. I'm glad you're home and that Tune is back with you. That's always been a nightmare mine. We have our neighbor kid come to the house and stay overnight and watch our boys. So sorry Tubs had to go to that.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Tubs, I would have come unglued on them, but I do not kennel my bullies, just because of that. If they can not go with me or I can not find someone I trust to watch them at my house, I do not go. So sorry you and him had to go through that.

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
That is so unfair to your baby. I don't understand howpeople can be so insensitive. If it was me I would not only be dishing out some butt chewing I would be demanding a refund. Afterall, they don't want you telling others they are a bad kennel.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Poor Tubs I feel so bad for him and you. I hope that he will be back to his old self soon. So sorry you had to come home to that - Keep us posted!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH does not travel well. I hate to think what she would be like if we attempted to kennel her. I guess that is the only good thing about having Bruce's son still living here. He does love Gracie too so she is comfortable staying home with him.

Poor Tubs, I hope he recovers and gets back to acting like himself quickly.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awwww! I'd be three shades of pissed off too.

Just remember that Tubbs is going to let go of it very quickly (dogs live in the moment) and you should too. Next time, it will be different -but there's nothing you can do to go back and change this except never take him there again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.