Marking

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
1016.jpgOur boy is five and not neutered. He marks everywhere outside (which I am almost always perfectly happy about as it is best for a dog that he be able to exercise his natural behavior), but apart from when a puppy and being housetrained has I think only marked slightly three times inside in our house in his life. He did also once to my chagrin mark inside in the vets office, but the vet assistant said "all the dogs mark that spot", so again there must have been a lot of urine scent which he felt he had to cover up.The reason he has only very rarely marked inside is because we very strongly discourage that behavior. I see this as mainly a behavioral rather than a neutering issue.Although this has not been an issue for us, I do understand that if your dog has been regularly peeing inside you need to very very thoroughly clean that spot, apart from the behavioral correctives.

Last edited:

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I think vets do warn about weight gain after neuters and spays. Its because some dogs show a decline in physical activity after being fixed. Mainly because they arent out chasing tail....lol. But this dors not happen to all dogs. As long as you are providing adequet play time they should be fine.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.