Bulldogs and belly rubs???

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Neither one of my bulldogs like to have their belly's rubbed? Is it a normal bulldog thing or mine are the exception? I manage to turn them and they act like I'm torturing them and do not enjoy it one bit.. I have had many dogs before that would flip upon my arrival so I would rub their tummy.. so this is weird.. NEITHER OF THEM.. other than that they LOVE attention and to be petted and kissed.. so weird, I tell u :bully::bully:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
All my dogs like their bellies rubbed. Actually they loved to be rubbed all over. Thank goodness my husband helps with with the rubbing cause my hands and arms get tired. :whew: Although I have to say I cannot make them rollover for a belly rub. They have to voluntarily roll over on their own. BabyGirl is the only dog that rolls over on command because I have to wash her girly bits but after I'm done I give her a good belly rub and massage her chubby legs too. I really enjoy this part cause she so reminds me of my kids when they were babies. I guess that maternal instinct is still in me. :blush2:

93eb6bbb.jpg

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has learned to accept belly rubs, but she didn't act like she had ever had one when we got her. We have to physically flip her over for one and for Bruce she will lay and fall asleep while he rubs her belly. For me she doesn't want to stay so long and usually struggles to get back over fairly quick, but I think it's because she prefers my butt scratches.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think its a man thing. sarah will roll right over for bf and fall flat asleep in seconds. its a bit harder for me as i am usually doing something awful to her like putting something on her yeast. lol. but she loves belly rubs.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will take a belly rub, but he most likely will stand up to get his butt scratched, he is a butt man all the way!!

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
Chula loves belly rubs, and will be more than happy to flip over and get one. In fact whenever she sees the lady who lives downstairs she gets so excited she does a belly crawl toward her, then flips over as soon as shes close enough!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mine are all butt rubbin lovers except Gracie. She loves her belly rubbed.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea didn't use to like them... as a pup she would fight being rolled over in play. I started picking her up and putting her on my lap - seated like a human baby - and then rubbing her ears/head until she relaxed. I did it while sitting on the floor too. She couldn't get away until she relaxed enough to have "floppy feet", I called them. This turned out to be a good thing for Bea. Now, she'll pretty much flop right over for me when I say, "Let me see your tummy" - to check for hives and such. I'd KNOW never have gotten this far with her without doing that trust exercise with her as a pup. Bo, on the other hand, came with "floppy feet". hahahahaha

They are truly two different dogs in every way possible.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank would rather have his butt rubbed, but does like his belly rubbed as long as he is sitting up. He hates being on his back for longer than a few minutes. The only time he is on his back is when he is rolling around and kicking his legs in the air.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank loves any rubs or scratches! He goes nutty whenever I scratch an area that he can't quite reach...he leans into it and falls over. LOL

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola (9mos) hates being on her back so i'm getting her used to belly rubs by turning her over myself or holding her belly up against my belly and giving her rubs until she relaxes...i keep saying let me see your belly! good girl! its only been about 2 weeks and she doesnt fight it as much. i think its so cute when pups fall asleep belly up. :)

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Macy loves her belly rubs but freaks out on butt scratches which is weird for a bulldog i hear...lol

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.