Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO and @2BullyMama - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong :sorry:
It's all good. I don't hold grudges, we all have different opinions. I'm glad to hear you know someone that has a sweetheart. They will always have the bad rap they have and that's so sad. No worries at all, I'm just very passionate about my dogs and their individual breeds. :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Dog Parks is really much like children's playgrounds. A few visits to the park/playground kinda teaches you how to identify problem dogs/kids. So that, when you see these guys, you'll be prepared to do what is necessary to protect your kids.

I love dog parks just like I love people parks. Some are better than others, that's for sure - usually because of the "clientele" that frequents the park. I've been to a dog beach that has poop all over the sand. Seems like nobody bothers to pick up after themselves even with the signs and plastic baggies and trash bins all over the place! And then I've been to a park that is completely poop free. Usually, the parks are somewhere in between - a few poop-leavers but usually only in the less-travelled areas. And interestingly, the amount of poop in a park also coincides with the behavior of the dogs in the park... only my own observation, of course, no scientific statistical data to back it up!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. Delilah is doing good.
I've been still taking her to the park because it's been so nice out. I was leery to take her, but I wanted to make sure that she didn't become fearful. The first couple of times back she got really anxious and skittish around the bigger dogs and would snap at them. But now she's doing just fine with all the dogs again unless they try to start something with her, which is good. I think we're in the clear with her not turning aggressive. Phew, I was worried.

Also..I have nothing against Pit Bulls. I love 'em. I'll be the first person to tell you that I hate breed bias and prejudice..I absolutely cannot stand breed bans. I've done lots of research on that and have used it for many a research paper and speeches in my speech class. hate hate hate it. It's the person, not the dog. I just wanted to state what kind of dog it was that went after Delilah. It was way bigger and hard for me to pull off.

[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] I would love to have a playdate with Frank and Delilah!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.