Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
That totally sounds fishy how the guy waited in the van. He must have been sizing up a fight. Total prick. I hope Delilah feels better and that both of you can get over this fear. I know it would be hard for me. Big hugs your way.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
OMG, Thank goodness she is OK, it could have been a lot worse. That is the main rewason I will not take my babies to a dog park. I am scared of Pits anyway....not that they are all bad, cause they're not. My yard is 2 acres, but I still keep my dogs leashed. I can't fence it, because the back part is a bluff about 60 feet above the woods. Bertie would be ok off leash....my Cocker Spaniel would take off and want to pay with anything he saw....he doesn't realize not everyone or everything loves hiom and wants to play too.

My house in So. Illinois ...my neighbor there has a pit and I am terrified to go into the yard. I'm putting a fence up next summer. When I walk outside that dog charges at me and he is on a logging chain. he runs with such force, that the column he is chained to, moves and I am afraid it is going to come lose.

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
@JeannieCO and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong :sorry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JeannieCO and @2BullyMama - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong :sorry:

I'm not them..but I say No Worries! We love our doggies around here! Might hate a few people but that's the way it is!
:up:

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Sorry to read about poor little Delilah. I'm sure she will be ok. Don't worry about it too much or that will communicate itself to her.

That stated, I'm sorry to read about those posters stating they don't take their dogs to dog parks. We walk our boy everywhere, nearly always off lead (that means on the streets, even in the middle of the city sometimes). While our boy is well able to take care of himself (fights back the rare times he gets attacked by a bigger dog) I think it really important dogs are given the maximum possible freedom and that includes learning how to deal with annoying or aggressive dogs.

Our boy was a naughty youngster as he had no siblings and was taken from his (dog) mom at a young age. Over time he has learned pretty good dog manners and sometimes helps other dogs to behave properly. That's from massive exposure to all sorts of dogs, in dog parks and everywhere else.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I'm soooo sorry! This story makes me sick. Just so you if I was there I would have not only helped you but prolly would have started attacking that guy. You should hear me when I go to doggy events and some jerk has to bring their jerk dog. I make it very clear to them and everyone around that it is unacceptable. You should check out a citronella oil spray. I need to buy a new can for when I take Chelsea out since I'm no longer able to carry my night stick with the new concealed carry law in Wisconsin.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Sorry to read about poor little Delilah. I'm sure she will be ok. Don't worry about it too much or that will communicate itself to her.

That stated, I'm sorry to read about those posters stating they don't take their dogs to dog parks. We walk our boy everywhere, nearly always off lead (that means on the streets, even in the middle of the city sometimes). While our boy is well able to take care of himself (fights back the rare times he gets attacked by a bigger dog) I think it really important dogs are given the maximum possible freedom and that includes learning how to deal with annoying or aggressive dogs.

Our boy was a naughty youngster as he had no siblings and was taken from his (dog) mom at a young age. Over time he has learned pretty good dog manners and sometimes helps other dogs to behave properly. That's from massive exposure to all sorts of dogs, in dog parks and everywhere else.

What a dream...walking off leash all the time with my dogs! That activity takes practice and here in the states, we have leash laws that prevent this most public places. Of course, we want dogs with questionable socials skills ON a leash!

Going to off leash parks that are more than a giant dog pen - like Marymoor up here in Redmond, WA for example - are the places to practice that. I'm not confident enough to do it with mine. Bea would never leave my side - until a leaf blew by (chasing leaves obsession) and Bo would be off like a shot at the first sign of a squirrel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@JeannieCO and @2BullyMama - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong :sorry:

All is good.... when there is a bad dog just keep in mind it is 99% of the time the PEOPLE that are the issue not the dog. Do not get me wrong, there are breeds I do not like, but it is the breed and usually the people with them just add to me dislike - i.e Westies - YUK! - the y are cute as heck, but not a nice breed.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
All is good.... when there is a bad dog just keep in mind it is 99% of the time the PEOPLE that are the issue not the dog. Do not get me wrong, there are breeds I do not like, but it is the breed and usually the people with them just add to me dislike - i.e Westies - YUK! - the y are cute as heck, but not a nice breed.

POODLES.....:barf: :barf: And don't care for Chows much either! And did you know there are more poodle bites than anything...they just don't have the jaw strength that other "scary" breeds do! Bunch of hooey!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
POODLES.....:barf: :barf: And don't care for Chows much either! And did you know there are more poodle bites than anything...they just don't have the jaw strength that other "scary" breeds do! Bunch of hooey!
Another two I do not like... ^^^^^

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online