Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
I am so sorry. What a terrifying thing! As many have already said, I too backed off using the dog park for playtime. Lupe quickly became a target after she became full-grown. So much complicated messaging goes on between dogs, and it happens instantly. So glad she's safe and you took car of her right away. An infection that's taken hold is a thousand times worse than paying for preventative antibiotics. PS: In our town, the dog-owner community is pretty strong (I guess we have more dogs than kids here!), but you may want to go to the park w/o Delilah and notify folks. Chances are you are not the only one who felt he was an odd ball with a questionable dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
POOR GIRL!! Hope she heals up real soon.

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
stories like this make me sooooo angry!!!! :cursing: How could people not even stop to help?! So glad she's okay.. poor thing! That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad.. hope Delilah heals up quick!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad..

Have you ever owned or met a pitbull? I worked four years at a dog daycare -- Pittys are some of the most LOVEABLE, SWEETEST dogs you will ever met. PEOPLE are the a##holes.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
dogs are helpless to the environment they are raised in, PEOPLE know better and are the ones to blame.

I hope your pup feels better soon, poor baby.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Have you ever owned or met a pitbull? I worked four years at a dog daycare -- Pittys are some of the most LOVEABLE, SWEETEST dogs you will ever met. PEOPLE are the a##holes.

This is so true! I've known so many wonderful pits. They aren't born wanting to kill or fight. Having been owned by Rottweilers I know the stigma associated with "certain" breeds. Honestly, as bulldog owners, we need to stand up for ALL breeds. Our beloved Bully's are often targets of breed specific legislation. We need to deal with the idiotic people that own and abuse all types of dogs...NOT fall for the "blame the breed" propaganda. Next target could be Bulldogs...ALL bulldogs.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
That is messed up.... He was more than likely training his dog for fighting! ...... When we go Dana is with us... I would not go by myself now !!!!

I agree with denise. He was more than likely training it to be a fighter. I can't believe no one would help. Well, i guess i can because it happens with skin kids too. People just don't want to get involved. Not me, i'm one loud mean bitch.....lol. :). Hope your baby gets bettr real soon. Sending healing prayers your way.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Lauren I am so very sorry this happened to you and your little sweet girl!!! I am glad it was not much worse.. We stopped taking Duke to the dog park in our neighborhood. there have been many stories like yours.. we now take him to an on leash park only.. I hope she heals up soon and again am so sorry you had to experience this.. big hugs to you both!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Lauren, I'm very sorry to hear that Delihah was jumped and injured. I glad she's ok.

stories like this make me sooooo angry!!!! :cursing: How could people not even stop to help?! So glad she's okay.. poor thing! That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad.. hope Delilah heals up quick!
Why don't you share the other reasons you hate pitbulls. Have you ever really been around them? Sorry if I sound so gruff but the ignorance that most people have when it comes to this breed is unbelievable to me at times. Jack is our 4th Pit and is the sweetest most lovable dog (yes dog not pit) one could meet, as were our other 3. Ace my old guy is a pit too, as was his brother and our other guy Nitro who has also passed. To use the word "everyone" is a bit strong. I surely do NOT train my dogs to fight and I'm about the most trust worthy person one could ever meet. Yes they are a very strong breed, but they are not man eaters nor do they see a another dog with the mind to instantly attack and kill. Most likely that dog has not been socialized and does not like other dogs (no different than any other breed). I have a 2" scar on my leg from a dog bite and it wasn't from a pit, I guess I should not trust EVERYONE that owns that breed and ASSUME their only purpose of owning the breed is to fight them? It's sad to me that people buy into what they read and hear on the news and base their entire opinion solely on just that and then classify an entire breed as vicious killers. All dogs can attack, all dogs can bite, and all dogs have it in them to simply NOT like another dog. Was that particular pit's owner irresponsible for taking his dog to the dog park - probably.

I'll get off my bandwagon now. Again, Lauren, I am sorry to see that Delilah got bit but I'm very happy that's she's going to be ok.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm happy you both are safe and on the mend. I can only imagine how scarry it was. I would have helped.

[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] I definitely would of jumped in and helped, not to mention jump all over that guys :poo:

I can't believe that the general public is so programmed to not get involved. Poor girl and you too.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I am so sorry. What a terrifying thing! As many have already said, I too backed off using the dog park for playtime. Lupe quickly became a target after she became full-grown. So much complicated messaging goes on between dogs, and it happens instantly. So glad she's safe and you took car of her right away. An infection that's taken hold is a thousand times worse than paying for preventative antibiotics. PS: In our town, the dog-owner community is pretty strong (I guess we have more dogs than kids here!), but you may want to go to the park w/o Delilah and notify folks. Chances are you are not the only one who felt he was an odd ball with a questionable dog.

Jack is a problem dog, not to other dogs, but to people, I didn't raise him like that, I saved his life from other people who did. Jack weighs in at 100 pounds. I would never take him to a public park. I know my dogs and where I can take them. This dude at the park is a d***

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Gosh Lauren I am so sorry you had to go through this. I can't believe some people. Thank God you got that dog off it could have been alot worse. Poor Delilah :hug:

Several years ago my beagle Rocky (RIP) was attacked unprovoked by my brothers pit bull (who he rescued from fighting). My dog had his jaws locked on the other and vice versa. I had my hands in both their mouths (dumb I know) trying to pry them off each other. I was able to get mine off the other but my brother's dog was locked, I was screaming insanely, all of my brothers came running and my husband and it took all of them to get the dog off AND they had to choke him out. The pit was fine. My dog had to have abdominal surgery. I had a deep gash in my hand and a scar to prove it. For someone not to help you is mind boggling. I wouldn't have thought twice. In the future if God forbid this happens again, take your leash and choke the other dog until it passes out, especially if you are dealing with a pit bull.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jack is a problem dog, not to other dogs, but to people, I didn't raise him like that, I saved his life from other people who did. Jack weighs in at 100 pounds. I would never take him to a public park. I know my dogs and where I can take them. This dude at the park is a d***

You can say it Sherry! D.I.C.K!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
KISS DELILAH'S BOO BOO'S FOR ME! wishing her a speedy recovery and you too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.