Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

@JeannieCO and @2BullyMama - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TANKERthePRANKSTER View Post
    @JeannieCO and @2BullyMama - I didn't mean to give the wrong impression lol. I've met many pits and no they all aren't mean they just scare me I guess I've had bad past experiences with them but I don't mean to judge them like that. It just saddens me to see people that do use them for fighting. I shouldn't have used the word "hate" I don't hate them. But my cousin has one who is a real sweetheart so I know it's not the breed in general. Sorry that it came out wrong
    I'm not them..but I say No Worries! We love our doggies around here! Might hate a few people but that's the way it is!

Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I'm not them..but I say No Worries! We love our doggies around here! Might hate a few people but that's the way it is!
    Thanks that makes me feel a little better haha
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017

Wrinkle Wiper
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to read about poor little Delilah. I'm sure she will be ok. Don't worry about it too much or that will communicate itself to her.

That stated, I'm sorry to read about those posters stating they don't take their dogs to dog parks. We walk our boy everywhere, nearly always off lead (that means on the streets, even in the middle of the city sometimes). While our boy is well able to take care of himself (fights back the rare times he gets attacked by a bigger dog) I think it really important dogs are given the maximum possible freedom and that includes learning how to deal with annoying or aggressive dogs.

Our boy was a naughty youngster as he had no siblings and was taken from his (dog) mom at a young age. Over time he has learned pretty good dog manners and sometimes helps other dogs to behave properly. That's from massive exposure to all sorts of dogs, in dog parks and everywhere else.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wautersa's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chelsea & Chuy
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm soooo sorry! This story makes me sick. Just so you if I was there I would have not only helped you but prolly would have started attacking that guy. You should hear me when I go to doggy events and some jerk has to bring their jerk dog. I make it very clear to them and everyone around that it is unacceptable. You should check out a citronella oil spray. I need to buy a new can for when I take Chelsea out since I'm no longer able to carry my night stick with the new concealed carry law in Wisconsin.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hoegaandit View Post
    Sorry to read about poor little Delilah. I'm sure she will be ok. Don't worry about it too much or that will communicate itself to her.

That stated, I'm sorry to read about those posters stating they don't take their dogs to dog parks. We walk our boy everywhere, nearly always off lead (that means on the streets, even in the middle of the city sometimes). While our boy is well able to take care of himself (fights back the rare times he gets attacked by a bigger dog) I think it really important dogs are given the maximum possible freedom and that includes learning how to deal with annoying or aggressive dogs.

Our boy was a naughty youngster as he had no siblings and was taken from his (dog) mom at a young age. Over time he has learned pretty good dog manners and sometimes helps other dogs to behave properly. That's from massive exposure to all sorts of dogs, in dog parks and everywhere else.
    What a dream...walking off leash all the time with my dogs! That activity takes practice and here in the states, we have leash laws that prevent this most public places. Of course, we want dogs with questionable socials skills ON a leash!

Going to off leash parks that are more than a giant dog pen - like Marymoor up here in Redmond, WA for example - are the places to practice that. I'm not confident enough to do it with mine. Bea would never leave my side - until a leaf blew by (chasing leaves obsession) and Bo would be off like a shot at the first sign of a squirrel.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

All is good.... when there is a bad dog just keep in mind it is 99% of the time the PEOPLE that are the issue not the dog. Do not get me wrong, there are breeds I do not like, but it is the breed and usually the people with them just add to me dislike - i.e Westies - YUK! - the y are cute as heck, but not a nice breed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    All is good.... when there is a bad dog just keep in mind it is 99% of the time the PEOPLE that are the issue not the dog. Do not get me wrong, there are breeds I do not like, but it is the breed and usually the people with them just add to me dislike - i.e Westies - YUK! - the y are cute as heck, but not a nice breed.
    POODLES..... And don't care for Chows much either! And did you know there are more poodle bites than anything...they just don't have the jaw strength that other "scary" breeds do! Bunch of hooey!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    POODLES..... And don't care for Chows much either! And did you know there are more poodle bites than anything...they just don't have the jaw strength that other "scary" breeds do! Bunch of hooey!
    Another two I do not like... ^^^^^
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Another two I do not like... ^^^^^

In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

It's all good. I don't hold grudges, we all have different opinions. I'm glad to hear you know someone that has a sweetheart. They will always have the bad rap they have and that's so sad. No worries at all, I'm just very passionate about my dogs and their individual breeds.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to check in to see how little Delilah is doing??? been thinking about her?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads