Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lord Wallace (Wally)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Delilah Got Attacked at the Dog Park Today.

Unfortunately I've heard so many horror stories like these that I won't take Wally to the dog park which is a shame. Around here dog parks are more like a social gathering for the owners. They all stand around either chatting with one another or just talking on their phones. No one really seems to be watching their dogs. We are lucky that we have a doggie day care across the street where Wally goes twice a week and plays with other dogs in a supervised setting.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lord Wallace (Wally)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    poor little delilah..I fully engforce my second amendment rights to carry and there would be one less dog in this world if that were Guinness on the bottom..but thankfully Delilah is not seriously hurt; heres to a speedy recovery for her and for you
    That's great and all and I'm all for the second amendment but imagine if everyone at the dog park did this? Every time there was a dog fight both dogs would be shot.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

That is messed up.... He was more than likely training his dog for fighting! ...... When we go Dana is with us... I would not go by myself now !!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lupe (or Lulu)
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry. What a terrifying thing! As many have already said, I too backed off using the dog park for playtime. Lupe quickly became a target after she became full-grown. So much complicated messaging goes on between dogs, and it happens instantly. So glad she's safe and you took car of her right away. An infection that's taken hold is a thousand times worse than paying for preventative antibiotics. PS: In our town, the dog-owner community is pretty strong (I guess we have more dogs than kids here!), but you may want to go to the park w/o Delilah and notify folks. Chances are you are not the only one who felt he was an odd ball with a questionable dog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

POOR GIRL!! Hope she heals up real soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

stories like this make me sooooo angry!!!! How could people not even stop to help?! So glad she's okay.. poor thing! That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad.. hope Delilah heals up quick!
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TANKERthePRANKSTER View Post
    That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad..
    Have you ever owned or met a pitbull? I worked four years at a dog daycare -- Pittys are some of the most LOVEABLE, SWEETEST dogs you will ever met. PEOPLE are the a##holes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

dogs are helpless to the environment they are raised in, PEOPLE know better and are the ones to blame.

I hope your pup feels better soon, poor baby.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Have you ever owned or met a pitbull? I worked four years at a dog daycare -- Pittys are some of the most LOVEABLE, SWEETEST dogs you will ever met. PEOPLE are the a##holes.
    This is so true! I've known so many wonderful pits. They aren't born wanting to kill or fight. Having been owned by Rottweilers I know the stigma associated with "certain" breeds. Honestly, as bulldog owners, we need to stand up for ALL breeds. Our beloved Bully's are often targets of breed specific legislation. We need to deal with the idiotic people that own and abuse all types of dogs...NOT fall for the "blame the breed" propaganda. Next target could be Bulldogs...ALL bulldogs.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold bullies View Post
    That is messed up.... He was more than likely training his dog for fighting! ...... When we go Dana is with us... I would not go by myself now !!!!
    I agree with denise. He was more than likely training it to be a fighter. I can't believe no one would help. Well, i guess i can because it happens with skin kids too. People just don't want to get involved. Not me, i'm one loud mean bitch.....lol. . Hope your baby gets bettr real soon. Sending healing prayers your way.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Lauren I am so very sorry this happened to you and your little sweet girl!!! I am glad it was not much worse.. We stopped taking Duke to the dog park in our neighborhood. there have been many stories like yours.. we now take him to an on leash park only.. I hope she heals up soon and again am so sorry you had to experience this.. big hugs to you both!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Lauren, I'm very sorry to hear that Delihah was jumped and injured. I glad she's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by TANKERthePRANKSTER View Post
    stories like this make me sooooo angry!!!! How could people not even stop to help?! So glad she's okay.. poor thing! That's one reason why I hate pitbulls (if it was indeed one like you were saying) I don't trust other people with those dogs everyone that owns one seems to train them for fighting which is very sad.. hope Delilah heals up quick!
    Why don't you share the other reasons you hate pitbulls. Have you ever really been around them? Sorry if I sound so gruff but the ignorance that most people have when it comes to this breed is unbelievable to me at times. Jack is our 4th Pit and is the sweetest most lovable dog (yes dog not pit) one could meet, as were our other 3. Ace my old guy is a pit too, as was his brother and our other guy Nitro who has also passed. To use the word "everyone" is a bit strong. I surely do NOT train my dogs to fight and I'm about the most trust worthy person one could ever meet. Yes they are a very strong breed, but they are not man eaters nor do they see a another dog with the mind to instantly attack and kill. Most likely that dog has not been socialized and does not like other dogs (no different than any other breed). I have a 2" scar on my leg from a dog bite and it wasn't from a pit, I guess I should not trust EVERYONE that owns that breed and ASSUME their only purpose of owning the breed is to fight them? It's sad to me that people buy into what they read and hear on the news and base their entire opinion solely on just that and then classify an entire breed as vicious killers. All dogs can attack, all dogs can bite, and all dogs have it in them to simply NOT like another dog. Was that particular pit's owner irresponsible for taking his dog to the dog park - probably.

I'll get off my bandwagon now. Again, Lauren, I am sorry to see that Delilah got bit but I'm very happy that's she's going to be ok.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 01-06-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads