Puppies and Babies

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Macy will be 4 months old tomorrow and i have a daughtr turning 7 next saturday and a 5 month old baby. I watch them like a hawk but Macy has never acted mean toward either. But she is rough without meaning to be when she is playing and her razor sharp teeth hurt when she nips as puppies do. So this is why i am paranoid and keep close by even with my 7 year old. I don't think any any way, shape, or fashion she would ever intentionally hurt the kids. As far as tug of war we do play this with her but she is a very submissive girl.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

OP
BullyOpie

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thanks for all the advice! As far as trying to curb his nipping here is what i have been doing, let me know if you all have any other tips! When he first starts up i will redirect him to a toy, and this will work until he gets really riled up. Once he gets overly excited and starts nipping hard or being overly aggressive i will grab his scruff and give a firm no and then redirect him to a toy. This most always stops him, for a little bit at least. He loves to sit on his bed where his toys are and i will throw a toy and he will go get it, bring it back and chew on it in bed, this can last for a while and its hilarious watching him trot back with a toy thats as large as he is! I praise him when he is chewing his toys on his bed. Now some more pics from when he was younger!! iPhoto.app.jpgDSCN0621.jpgDSCN0624.jpgDSCN0629.jpgDSCN0627.jpg

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
OMG we were going to name our JAX(Jackson) opie.....can you tell I love the show sons of anarchy....!!!!

OP
BullyOpie

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
So Opie was great with the baby! He did grab a hold of her clothes and tug a few times and she tripped over him a bit but he knew not to nip her hands or her legs/feet! He just followed her all around the house, it was an overload of cuteness! I should have pics soon!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I would hope so on the pix. I think it is great how they seem to know who they need to be gentle with and who they can chew on... sucks for you tho being to chew toy LOL ;)

Members online

No members online now.