Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppies and Babies

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppies and Babies

Welcome Welcome Welcome. Your little Opie is so amazingly cute!

You have a lot of suggestions on here and no two bullies are the same. I have two and both are different with different situations. As far as chewing, make sure you have lots of toys and items for him to chew on. If he starts at your or anyones hands and feet, distract him with the toy to chew on. It takes lots of patience, but he will soon get it.

I can't wait to see photos of Opie and the Baby, I am sure they will be just fine.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

I play tug with Bonez, I haven't had any other issues with him. It's like he knows he can do it with his toys and nothing else. They get excited when I wash thier blankets and put them back in thier crates , I say no and they stop. Opie is cute

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to you and Opie. He is a total doll!
    We have had 2 grandkids, now 17 & 16, basically grow up from infants around our Bulldogs. The dogs somehow knew to be gentle with the babies. The dogs were in awe of the babies, sharing their NylaBones, Kongs, blankets and crates with them. Bulldogs and babies go together!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Macy will be 4 months old tomorrow and i have a daughtr turning 7 next saturday and a 5 month old baby. I watch them like a hawk but Macy has never acted mean toward either. But she is rough without meaning to be when she is playing and her razor sharp teeth hurt when she nips as puppies do. So this is why i am paranoid and keep close by even with my 7 year old. I don't think any any way, shape, or fashion she would ever intentionally hurt the kids. As far as tug of war we do play this with her but she is a very submissive girl.

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the advice! As far as trying to curb his nipping here is what i have been doing, let me know if you all have any other tips! When he first starts up i will redirect him to a toy, and this will work until he gets really riled up. Once he gets overly excited and starts nipping hard or being overly aggressive i will grab his scruff and give a firm no and then redirect him to a toy. This most always stops him, for a little bit at least. He loves to sit on his bed where his toys are and i will throw a toy and he will go get it, bring it back and chew on it in bed, this can last for a while and its hilarious watching him trot back with a toy thats as large as he is! I praise him when he is chewing his toys on his bed. Now some more pics from when he was younger!!-iphoto-app-jpg-dscn0621-jpg-dscn0624-jpg-dscn0629-jpg-dscn0627-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

OMG we were going to name our JAX(Jackson) opie.....can you tell I love the show sons of anarchy....!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

So Opie was great with the baby! He did grab a hold of her clothes and tug a few times and she tripped over him a bit but he knew not to nip her hands or her legs/feet! He just followed her all around the house, it was an overload of cuteness! I should have pics soon!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I would hope so on the pix. I think it is great how they seem to know who they need to be gentle with and who they can chew on... sucks for you tho being to chew toy LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads