Stuck on English Bulldogs??? :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Before going off the deep end for EBs, many years ago I was kookoo for Afghan Hounds. When I was young and blonde, I had a two seater Fiat and Sammy, my also blonde Afghan Hound would ride shotgun, sitting in the seat like a human. We looked fantastic. I wish I had a picture of this now... but it's been thirty years ago. Sammy was an amazing dog and when I moved to Arizona, I left her with my mom and step dad so she's have a stable home life. One summer, she was hit by a car and lost a leg. A three legged Afghan Hound is absolutely a conversation starter! Sammy went on a cross country motorhome trip with them and wowed people from Seattle to New York and back. She was a wonderful ambassador for three legged dogs and Afghans!

I can't imagine my life without an English Bulldog in it. Quite frankly, it's would be a life not worth living, for me anyway.

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
I honestly never wanted a dog, nor was I a dog person. My wife hounded me for 3 years about getting a dog until she got me to relent (it didn't help that every single one of our neighbors had at least one dog. I told her we could get one but I wanted to research them and find one that best suited us. We live in a condo with lots of neighbors and no fenced in back yard. We have plenty of nice common areas to walk our dogs though. After doing my research, I found that a bulldog was absolutely perfect for us it didn't hurt that they don't like long walks and enjoy lying on the couch which also suits our lifestyle).
Long story short I doubt I would ever get another type of dog and know that when the time comes, I will be getting another one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never wanted an EB, or ANY dog for that matter. My boyfriend always wanted an EB to name Nitschke, that was in 2004 == I've been obsessed ever since.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I dont think I will ever be able to have anything else. No branching out for me. There are too many EBs out there that need a good home. If I could take them all in, I would.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I always thought EB's were cute, but never imagined having one. I grew up with various mutts and then my first dog was a Doberman rescue. Then when I was living with my dad again, I convinced him to get pugs because I had always loved them. Hubby had a Yorkie growing up and then an American bulldog. However he always wanted an EB, so as soon as we got married, he started in on getting one. He finally convinced me and we got Frank. Now I could never imagine life without him. We will always have an EB (or two! or three!) but also want to get a couple other dogs once we get more land. I would love a pug or Dobie again and Hubby loves Mastiffs and Irish Wolfhounds.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I love hearing all the stories about dogs past and present. Now lets see some photos! Come on...everybody loves to brag on their dogs! :)

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I had a rescued pitbull mix when I was growing up (really sad story, they found him in a bag on the side of the road with no hair left, on the brink of death). My boyfriend grew up with two english yellow labs. I wanted a pekingese or pomeranian and he wanted a bulldog, he won obviously. haha But I'm now over my obsession with wanting to carry my dog around in a purse and LOVE our bullies. I'm sure we'll have many more bulldogs in our future but I'd also love to get a Neapolitan mastiff when we get our own house.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I can't think of a dog I didn't luv, mine or others. The bulldog was supposed to be a gift for my mother, as she always wanted one.... I had and have a Weimaraner when I got my mother this precious little ball of baby bulldog... When I got him home at 9 weeks from the breeder (went all the way to TX from Cleveland) he became my weim's baby and they've been together ever since.... Sometimes I don't know if Schultz doesn't think he's a Weimaraner as he models all her behaviors.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325958927.345147.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.