Separation anxiety is the worst.

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
Hey everyone!
I've been having a rough time because I've been separated from my bullie, Millie, since December 14th :(. She has been staying with my boyfriend and his family for the holidays since we are both in college and wanted to see our families in separate states. Its been the longest we have been separated and I missed her first Christmas and first birthday.

I typically visit EBN when Millie seems to be driving me up a wall.... either with her chin acne, corneal ulcer, ear infections, reoccuring mange episodes, or diet issues but these past weeks I've been coming just to see some adorable Bullies and read posts. I want to say :thanks: to everyone here for posting so many Xmas pics/videos and for being as obsessed with Bullies as I am... it makes me feel a tidbit less crazy and I've learned so much!! I am so feel lucky to have stumbled upon this site!!

This Friday we will finally be reunited and I plan on ignoring my boyfriend (for just a lil' bit) and squeezing Mildew for a long long time (not too tight because once that made her :barf: ... woops!)

Photo on 2011-09-20 at 20.06.jpg317200_10150273758841504_605726503_8071268_639729758_n.jpg
Here's millie on webcam - because of course I make my bf set up a skype session :lmao:! and "gremlin-mill".

Katie

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
She is precious and has such a distinctive look...hope you get to have her back in your arms soon!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Awe Katie I can't even imagine being separated from my babies for that length of time!!!

So glad that EBN and it's bulldog crazy members helped to ease some of the pain .... but now we've got you hooked don't you dare be a stranger!!!!

Of course, as payment for helping you through this incredibly difficult time we now fully expect you to post lots and lots and lots of pics of Millie!!! :up:

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Your girl is gorgeous! And don't worry...bullie owners seem to be their own special kind of crazy (and I am one of them!) Looking forward to your reuniting with your girl!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Oh! Ha ha ha! I thought this was going to be about poor Millie having separation anxiety while you were at school or something. Instead, you are tortured with the anxiety. I feel your pain. Thank goodness for Skype! Love little Millie, she is just so ah-dog-a-bull! Please post more pictures...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awww, Millie is such a cute little thing! I can see why you would have such anxiety being separated from her....although when I first read the post, I too thought it was about the bullie having separation anxiety! :lol: I am so sorry you have to be apart from your adorable bullie for that long. The longest I have been away from Frank has been 5 days and I was so sad. At least you only have a couple more days to go until you are reunited!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Awwwww! Soon you'll have her in your arms and you'll get lots of bully kisses!!!! Hey btw [MENTION=2421]Vermont Millie[/MENTION], I am also from Burlington Vermont and would love to meet you and Millie:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: your title had me thinking it was the pup destroying something while you were away at work for the day!!

Poor Katie -- I feel for you always tough to be separated from our bully babies! Millie is a sweetie -- give her big bully hugs and kisses from us on Friday

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i couldnt imagine being seperated from sarah that long. i hope friday comes soon for you and millie is once again home.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Three more days until Millie Time.....

(I hate to leave mine to go to the flippin' store....I know. I'm a sick woman.)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
(I hate to leave mine to go to the flippin' store....I know. I'm a sick woman.)

Same here.... especially, when I had Nitschke, he LOVED car rides so I always wanted to take him where ever I was going.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Have you got it down to counting hours yet??? :lol:

OP
Vermont Millie

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
Haha thanks everyone for the support!

I'm not sure she is experiencing the same anxiety without me but I like to imagine. Maybe she's thinking "Where's that girl who gives a meannnn butt-scratch?!?" :ROFL: I had a little mental breakdown the other day when I couldn't remember what her little paws smelled like! :nope: But we will be together very soon!
PLUSSSS I just graduated from college + currently unemployed = tons of Millie time:happydance: (and job "hunting")

@kazzy220 i like the way you're thinking! 51 Hours!!!
-katie

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.