To Name or not to name.. it's all about that!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Ok guys, what is your bulldog's name.. and why did you choose this name?

I'll start mine are
1) ALDO well, my girls' names are Alana and Alexia, both start with AL so I wanted a name that was cute AND also started with AL like the girls.. I thought they would go GREAT together..
2) KATARA well, I then decided I wanted a little friend for Aldo, and I thought about another AL name, but it was just too much, and TOO MUCH of a good thing is NOT GOOD.. it would have been tacky at this point.. So, we chose Katara after a very cool character in the cartoon and movie the LAST AIRBENDER.. she is a smart and poised young lady that is also very strong and talented... just like my little dog

how about your pups? I would love to know!! please share share!

@LariP @BruceP @JeannieCO @KMARINO @Fontanafox [MENTION=3752]webster03[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] @Sherry @Davidh and anybody else I didn't tag too please :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We had a thread here somewhere about this. I will see if I can find it.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] My story is boring. Lol! My daughter Erin Elizabeth named her Macy Elizabeth. She will be 7 on the 11 th! Dont know why she picked Macy but she said she wanted her to be named after her. Hence the double elizabeth. Lol

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3752]webster03[/MENTION], it's wonderful you let her pick. I got selfish with my dogs and picked the names out myself... my poor kids had no say in the matter :nonono:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I only named Peggy Sue

When I saved Jack, he was already named Jackson
My husband Jay named Griz
The breeders husband named Dolly
My daughter Brooke Lynn named Scrimps

Peggy Sue is an old fashioned girl. Short and squatted. tehe

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I only named Peggy Sue

When I saved Jack, he was already named Jackson
My husband Jay named Griz
The breeders husband named Dolly
My daughter Brooke Lynn named Scrimps

Peggy Sue is an old fashioned girl. Short and squatted. tehe

:lmao: sounds like the perfect name for her!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Liz was called Princess Lea by her breeder (yes, her brothers were Luke, Anakin, and Yoda; her sister, crap! No, not crap, but something with a "P" similar to the host of Top Chef. No can't remember her name either). Anywho. we wanted her to have an English sounding name since she is an EB. So, we thought what was more English than Elizabeth? Then for the AKC name, I wanted something more exciting. I named her Princess Elizabeth Rosemond (after Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor), hence Liz.

Amy was named Roxy by her original family. My husband didn't like it because it seemed too risque. So, I tried to think of another famous woman to name her after and came up with Princess Amelia Mary (Amelia Earhardt). Amy is truly fearless and super cool. Amelia Earhardt is also from Kansas just like Amy.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
We originally got Mocha for my daughter, but since Scott and my son Robert where unsure about having a dog ,I let them name Her. Robert said Mocha because of her brindle coat and Scott said Bubbles because it rhymed with Hubble( a dear French bully we loved so much and used to babysitt) hence, Mocha Bubbles!!! I call her mama,baby girl,lover,darling and sometimes cujo!LOL!!!:lmao:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson was named after a character in a show called "Home Improvement". He was a neighbor who always talked through the fence and only revealed the upper half of his face. He always imparted words of wisdom to the family next door when they were having problems. BabyGirls name was suppose to be temporary and we could not agree on a name. Hubby hated all my name choices but yet he would not give me one either. So her temporary name just stuck. I think we had a mental block because we had lost our previous puppy Snowflake (Wilsons sister) to pneumonia just two months prior.

3df34014.jpg

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Rocky because my parents told me a story about their upstairs neighbor when I was a baby had a bulldog and his name was rocky and the S.O.B left the dog outside in hot hot weather in like a sun room porch and the poor thing passed...of heat exhaustion I guess...they found this out later...after the fact...!!! 😥
So to remember a pup that didn't even have a chance I named my Boy ROCKY.....🐶 I get teary just thinking about it...!!!! People r soo cruel....

Jackson is alot easier because I LOVE JAX teller on Sons of Anarchy lol hahahhaa ❤❤❤❤❤

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All our are named after my boyfriends favorite sports player..

Nitshcke --- Ray Nitschke of the Green Bay Packers (1960's)

Banks --- Ernie Banks of the Chicago Cubs (1960's)

Chelios (Our Frenchie) --- Chris Chelios of the Chicago Blackhawks (1990's)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online