Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Name or not to name.. it's all about that!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: To Name or not to name.. it's all about that!

Wilson was named after a character in a show called "Home Improvement". He was a neighbor who always talked through the fence and only revealed the upper half of his face. He always imparted words of wisdom to the family next door when they were having problems. BabyGirls name was suppose to be temporary and we could not agree on a name. Hubby hated all my name choices but yet he would not give me one either. So her temporary name just stuck. I think we had a mental block because we had lost our previous puppy Snowflake (Wilsons sister) to pneumonia just two months prior.

Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

Rocky because my parents told me a story about their upstairs neighbor when I was a baby had a bulldog and his name was rocky and the S.O.B left the dog outside in hot hot weather in like a sun room porch and the poor thing passed...of heat exhaustion I guess...they found this out later...after the fact...!!! 😥
    So to remember a pup that didn't even have a chance I named my Boy ROCKY.....🐶 I get teary just thinking about it...!!!! People r soo cruel....

Jackson is alot easier because I LOVE JAX teller on Sons of Anarchy lol hahahhaa ❤❤❤❤❤

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

All our are named after my boyfriends favorite sports player..

Nitshcke --- Ray Nitschke of the Green Bay Packers (1960's)

Banks --- Ernie Banks of the Chicago Cubs (1960's)

Chelios (Our Frenchie) --- Chris Chelios of the Chicago Blackhawks (1990's)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wautersa's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chelsea & Chuy
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I named mine Chelsea after my favorite comedian Chelsea Handler... our future puppy will be named Chuy.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well my story is not as exciting. we had picked sarah up from his friend and she was in horrible shape. he drove and i rode with her on my lap as she weighed 27 pounds then. we were mulling over names as her name was angel but she didnt even know it. he said name her hope as she has hope now. i said yea thats pretty good. as i mulled over that name and i sat with her on my lap we bonded somewhat. she looked at me and i knew her name was sarah. didnt come from any family nothing just out of the air from her to me. her middle name is hope so he had a hand in her name to. and sarah hope was born on that car ride.

ive copied this from the other thread called why did you name him that or something like that.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 01-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We chose the name Vegas because we couldn't decide on any other. Mark wanted Maximus and I wanted Capone (named after a 2 year old bulldog from Vegas that passed away from cancer. I fell in love with him thru his story and was devastated when he passed)
    My brother in law suggested Vegas and I was delighted. If I couldn't name him Capone...I could name him after the city where he lived his short life. His legal name is Addicted 2 Vegas.

When we decided on another pup, I had the name Orion already chosen. Orion was going to be the perfect brother for Vegas. Yes, that's right. Orion was supposed to be a boy. Two were born in the litter, and the little boy passed away after 36 hours. He was given the name Tripoli and buried with military honors. My mom wanted me to take the little girl. The sole product of Chesty and Cadence. So, I decided to keep the name and Vegas got himself a little sister.
    Why do I like the name Orion? Well, I always wanted to name my little girl Rian. When my sister in law was preggers with my niece, she begged me to allow her to use the name. I told her I was still hoping for a little girl of my own someday, but if that was the name she wanted, I couldn't keep her from using it. She decided on Gracie...and Rian never happened for me. I studied astrology in college...and I loved the constellation Orion. So, loving the name Rian, but already have a cousin named Ryan...I chose the next best thing. Orion. Her legal name is Chesty's Girl Orion.
    Last edited by Libra926; 01-04-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926 That is a great story on your pups, I read your members' spotlight, glad to finally meet you!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acarabias View Post
    @Libra926 That is a great story on your pups, I read your members' spotlight, glad to finally meet you!
    Thank you so much! Nice to meet you also!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads