English Bulldog Breeder

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Hi Guys and Gals I was writting because I'm currently in the process of trying to purchase a bully puppy and I was wondering if you'll could give me some advice on reputable breeders that breed short fat health pups. it doesn't matter where there located I just want a health puppy that's very short and fat. Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3859]englishbulldogLA[/MENTION] - welcome to the site, you came to the right place to become educated on bulldogs... so, let me be the first to say bulldogs are not and should NEVER be fat - it is amazingly unhealthy for them.

Please be sure you do your research not only on a breeder but on the breed itself -- they are high maintenance and have many health issues (breathing, allergies, joints, etc) even when considered healthy.

We have several very good breeders on this site and they will be along shortly to provide more info

OP
E

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
great Reply I have been doing slot of research on the breed and I don't want my bully to be unhealthy fat but I seen some bulldogs and there tall and skinny with a long muzzle and that's the kind I don't want to have. I pretty much want one that's short and has a good health weight

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
but I seen some bulldogs and there tall and skinny with a long muzzle and that's the kind I don't want to have. I pretty much want one that's short and has a good health weight

These were most likely American Bulldogs... they are tall, thin and look some what like Pitbull.

Bulldogs (aka English) are stocky, all chest and muscle with a flat face/nose

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3859]englishbulldogLA[/MENTION] the ones that are tall and with a long muzzle are American Bulldogs.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
researching the breeder will help you determine the build and size of your bully. You can see the parents and bloodline. I would check for local breeders first, it would be very important for you to physically see the parents and the breeding site to determine a good breeder vs a Back Yard Breeder and Puppy Mill.

OP
E

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
All great information im located in the Houston Texas area so ill research breeders around the louisiana and Texas states.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If you want the "standard" with the big ol head barrel chest etc you will more likely pay more than not. I would start with the bca and their list of breeders. Do not shop by price. If you plan on buying a bully price is not really the issue and if it is then I would suggest saving for a longer period before buying. The initial cost is really nothing compared to what buying a cheap one will cost you in the long run. Good luck on your search. bulldogs are certainly a special breed and worth the wait by far! :)

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
I totally agree with the above posts. Do your research, first on the breed and if you decide you still want a bully then be sure to research any breeder you may choose. Ask for references,pictures of past and current litters. What are their breeding practices. If they are a reputable breeder they wont mind. If they do? More than likely they have something to hide. Good luck on your decisions.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Olde English Bulldogs are taller and leaner. There are so many English Bulldogs in need of rescue!!! Perhaps you should look into it as well. Most , if not all are expensive bullies that for one reason or another ended up in rescues.

Opanoki

Dec 31, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Opal, Dallas, Buster, Star
I suggest you check out the Bulldog Club of America's website because they have a breeder referral section where all the breeders have to meet specific requirements to be on the list. These are usually breeders that have alot of experience in breeding bulldogs for both show and companion. The website is www.bca.org and then click the link for breeder referral. All of these breeders are BCA members and very well known throughout the country and some throughout the world.
Do your homework on taking care of these guys and don't buy one over the internet.......don't be fooled by internet websites that are all glamorous and brag about their bullies being TV stars, or etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.