My first sewing project... making Chelsea a coat!

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
It only took me all day but I am finally finished making Chelsea a pretty coat. I did spend a hour and a half trying to make the pattern for it... Chelsea refused to stand up for me and actually went back to bed thinking that would stop me from trying to see how the pattern fit her... treats wouldn't even help. I got way too much fabric at the store... I actually have enough for a whole new jacket. My boyfriend had to help with setting up the sewing machine. But it turned out perfectly. Nice pretty pink fleece with white sherpa lining, white faux fur trim around the collar, and industrial strength velcro closure. And my boyfriend found a nice big pink button in our button jar to finish off the coat (I didn't think of getting one at the store).

ea2820ce.jpg

6f05c7ae.jpg

Had to share my victory. I will never try to buy her a coat or sweater again.. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
And she looks adorable in it!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You rock. NICE JOB,.... you made that look easy. [MENTION=3100]Miss Chelsea[/MENTION]

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Adorable!! Awesome for your first project! I'm still sewing squares, haha. Where did you find your pattern??

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]... Do you share your fleece pullover pattern, or is it a secret reserved for auctions?? ;)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Good work! You should be proud. I use to sew when I was a teen but now I don't seem to have the patience. Chelsea looks so pretty in pink!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2594]MissPennyLue[/MENTION] for the auction fleeces I go by the measurements provided by the winner of their dog and then adapt the pattern I have to fit. I started with my own pattern made from measuring one of HRH's sweaters for the first fleeces I did. But now I use an adapted version of a simplicity 2318 pattern and have made several of them using that. The largest size of the Simplicity pattern will fit a 40 lb dog. But the sleeves need shortened and waist narrowed a smidgen. I add to it for the bigger guys and gals.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You did great Alyssa!!!! It fits Chelsea very nicely...... Good job!!! :) I hope we see it on the 14th.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That coat is so pretty! Wow, I am impressed at all the talented sewers we have on EBN! Chelsea is very adorable...and as a supermodel, she needs her beauty sleep! :lmao:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nice job and your model looks awesome in her new stylin' coat!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It is beautiful. Great job. I too make patterns out of newspaper first then adapt as needed. I haven't made any dog items yet....mainly kids clothes and Halloween costumes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.