I am horrible!!!!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Ok...I know, I know......I still haven't posted pictures yet of our beautiful ornament or Tubs and his secret Santa gifts! This week has been crazy. I promise I will have these pictures posted before we leave on Tuesday.

A Tubs update.....we had his annual vet visit today and he got a clean bill of health. After talking to the vet his mama's boy behaviors she said it sounds like he has separation anxiety.....just what I wanted to hear with leave him next week! She did mention something I could give him something...drops on his tongue about 20 minutes before he is put into an anxious setting. I can't remember what it was though. I have to call and ask and I will check it out and pass it along if it is something good. I have found he gets very anxious at my parents house, but whenever I take him there I have to run out some where. He paces around and pants the entire time he is there even if I am there with him. But when I am there he is right buy my side. If I go in a room and close the door he stands on the other side swatting the door and crying! Who knows, maybe leaving him for the week will make this a little better.....or worse. The one thing I am doing is wearing the same shirt to bed this week and I will leave it with him at the kennel so he has something that smells like me. Hopefully he will know mommy is coming back for him. My mom and the vet both said that he is so darn cute that they will take one look at him and play with him all week. I would like to hope so!

All of his tests came back negative and he weighs 63.6 lbs. I just hope when I get back he won't weight 50 lbs from not eating......he will be ok, he will be ok.....ok got that off my chest.....pictures......I promise!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor Tubs. I hope he does well at the kennel. Have you taken him there to get used to it at all yet?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You are not horrible!!! Separation anxiety is a terrible thing and you are doing everything right. When you get back if he is still showing signs then I would consider seeing a behaviourist so that you can work it out!!!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Poor Tubs. I hope he does well at the kennel. Have you taken him there to get used to it at all yet?

No we haven't. I asked and they said that we couldn't bring him in until we came in to drop him off. I had the option of putting him in doggy daycare, but he get so worked up around other dogs because he wants to play that I didn't feel comfortable doing that without me there to monitor the situation. If you don't watch him he gets himself so worked up that he throws up. He did this 2 times at puppy class when we let him play with a boxer puppy. They loved playing with eat other, but he doesn't know how to do it calmly. He even makes himself sick when we get home from my parent's house because he is so worked up the entire time he is there!!!! I even asked them about cleaning his nose rope because he has been getting junked up the past couple of weeks and I didn't want him to go a week without being cleaned and they said they would charge me a $1 to do that....really???? I will make sure I post the link on here before I leave and everyone can check in on him during the week if they want! :) I hope I have WIFI so I can check in too!!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
The stuff is probably called Rescue Remedy

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] - I really feel for you and for Tubbs. I hope you figure something out that will help him. I would imagine doggie daycare would be the perfect place to take his mind of things --- and learn some stress coping skills too?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: Congrats on the great wellness visit - such a great bully mama!!! Separation anxiety is so difficult... he will be fine and you are doing all the right stuff especially with the t-shirt. The kennel charging for the face cleaning is standard, sucky yes, but standard, some places will even charge extra to give meds.

but, thinking of it based on re-reading how he acts while with you at your mother's house -- it could be more OCD and he is just a home-body. Banks is very much like this - I used to work at a daycare and they would come with me. Nitschke could not wait to get in there and play... Banks she would monitor my every more and sit in the closest corner of the play area that she last saw me - alot of times I just had her up in the store area with me behind the desk. she didn't real care to play, just wanted to be where I was. In the end, she is on Xanax whenever we go somewhere (car rides or to my sisters house).

when you get back look into a behaviorist to know for sure which it is.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks all for the info. I will look into all of these suggestions when we get back. Sitting here playing with the little man and his ducky until we have to go drop him off at the kennel :cry::scared:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.