New puppy owner!

OP
I

islide

Dec 28, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
olive
Update

Well, good news and bad new. The biting has definitely improved since the first couple days. Right now she occasionally bites, mostly when she's energetic but it seems she's aware that it hurts. We are still re-enforcing "no's!" when she bites.

The puppy pads were a failure, we found the pad in her crate when we returned but i'm not too worried since she's doing very well holding till potty time. She's allowed to sleep in the living room through the night and we only had 1 accident early on so we're keeping the crate for when we're away only.

We did bathe her.. and smells a LITTLE better. We do have to get those nails cut still.

Now the bad part... We noticed her stool becoming very soft and now is diarrhea. This began yesterday morning. At times, she'll go once and the stool will have shape and then go again right after and the second one is usually a lot softer. Concerned, we made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Just hope it's nothing major, maybe her diet?
We are feeding wellness super5mix since the day we brought her home(10 days now). And although her stool was rarely HARD, it's def a lot softer now.
Is anyone else on this food? Some reviews on amazon stated the same. I got it from petsmart, which said I can return it as long as it's over half full or something. I need to dig up my recipt and see how to go about this.
Any recomendations for a puppy? Preferably something I can pick up at petsmart or petco. Thanks everyone.

Here are some photos from the last couple days...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 30

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
First off let me say she is adorable, love the pics. As far as her poop. I don't know how much you are feeding her but it may be a little too much. Some times when they eat too much they will get soft poops and some diarrhea. I hope you are feeding her 3 times a day for now until she gets a little older. Try cutting back on her food just a little for a few days to see if that clears it up. Hope this works.

OP
I

islide

Dec 28, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
olive
Ah yes, I forgot to say how much! I've been deeding her 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day. In the morning when we get up, then at 12ish then around 6.

Members online

No members online now.