Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New puppy owner!

Bulldog(s) Names
    olive
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New puppy owner!

Wow! So many helpful responses! Thank you all for your responses. I plan on bathing her tonight, I'll try and snap some pics.

I think she might have peed over night so I might try crating her at night tonight also.

Were all still working on the biting. I've noticed if I walk away once she stars biting she momentarily stops so I'm going to work on that. Im also going to pick up a couple more toys for her to chew on. Maye a Kong.

I also bought some potty pads but I want sure if I wanted to use them since I was afraid of her getting use to them and not wanting to transition to grass down the line. So I might alter the walks a bit and switch to pads at least till she gets her shots. I'll keep you all posted! I kinda skimmed through things since I'm at work! Thanks again everyone!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs and EBN!! Olive is adorable.

Very smart not to associate with other dogs till after the second round of shots is done -- very good practice! also, good not to associate crate/patio with punishment... use the bathroom or laundry room (works for us) we have the crate as their 'safe zone' so they LOVE their crates -- go in an out at will and tend to sleep or go in with their favorite toy when not wanting to be bothered by the other.

Sleeping -- until they were housebroken they slept in their crates... then once broken and trusted -- they had free run of house and sleep with us.

Biting is a teething phase --- say a firm no and give them a toy or bone in place of the feet, socks, pants, etc.

Grooming -- go for it, but make sure to protect eyes and ears fro water/soap. Also, what food are you currently feeding -- could be some of the issue with smell.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site!

It seems only yesterday i have all the same problem with boo.
    I gave him his first bath when he turns 3 months. And nail trimmed a week after i got him. But u have to be carefull not to traumatized him with nail clippers. Boo got into "accident" and he struggles to get away on his next trimming. We need 3 people to hold down a 10 weeks old puppy!

As with the biting it will eventually stops. Boo's almost 5 months now and he got most of his teeth changed so it wasn't as sharp as it was. He now learn to bite slowly when playing and not so obsessed with moving feet as he was before. I've got other problems now. lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    olive
    Likes (Received)

Update

Well, good news and bad new. The biting has definitely improved since the first couple days. Right now she occasionally bites, mostly when she's energetic but it seems she's aware that it hurts. We are still re-enforcing "no's!" when she bites.

The puppy pads were a failure, we found the pad in her crate when we returned but i'm not too worried since she's doing very well holding till potty time. She's allowed to sleep in the living room through the night and we only had 1 accident early on so we're keeping the crate for when we're away only.

We did bathe her.. and smells a LITTLE better. We do have to get those nails cut still.

Now the bad part... We noticed her stool becoming very soft and now is diarrhea. This began yesterday morning. At times, she'll go once and the stool will have shape and then go again right after and the second one is usually a lot softer. Concerned, we made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Just hope it's nothing major, maybe her diet?
    We are feeding wellness super5mix since the day we brought her home(10 days now). And although her stool was rarely HARD, it's def a lot softer now.
    Is anyone else on this food? Some reviews on amazon stated the same. I got it from petsmart, which said I can return it as long as it's over half full or something. I need to dig up my recipt and see how to go about this.
    Any recomendations for a puppy? Preferably something I can pick up at petsmart or petco. Thanks everyone.

Here are some photos from the last couple days...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1-jpg   -2-jpg   -3-jpg   -photo-jpg  

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

First off let me say she is adorable, love the pics. As far as her poop. I don't know how much you are feeding her but it may be a little too much. Some times when they eat too much they will get soft poops and some diarrhea. I hope you are feeding her 3 times a day for now until she gets a little older. Try cutting back on her food just a little for a few days to see if that clears it up. Hope this works.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    olive
    Likes (Received)

Ah yes, I forgot to say how much! I've been deeding her 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day. In the morning when we get up, then at 12ish then around 6.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Just want to say that I loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads