Did your bullie went to a puppy school ?

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
When Bono was a puppy (3 months old) we went to a puppy school with him.
Bono was the only English bulldog and everybody was laughing when Bono was introdcued ;)
Bono did a real good job and met other dogs and people.
Also he learned to respond to commands like to come, sit, lie down, stand and stay.
At he end he also did some dog agility to.
We all (especially the trainer) were very proud on Bono, ........an English bulldog. :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww what a good boy Bono must be! I have never taken Samson to any type of puppy school, obedience or training classes. I should though, I need to teach him not to jump up on people :eek:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Yes.. Chester went to Petsmart.. and quite honestly, I think they just passed him cuz he was so cute. I've said this before... he was more interested in biting the tails of the puppy St Bernards who were appropriately sitting and listening >.<

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
cutty didnt go but he lived with his breeder till 9 months so she had him trained already for the most part. Now jumping is another task also, that and the door. Whenever someone comes to the door I dont know how to train the boys to behave. (living further away from friends and fanily we dont get a ton of visitors to test them on.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bono is so funny. I love your videos and stories about him. Our older bullies never went to a training class but I am thinking about it for our new addition. What age did you enroll Bono in the training class? I don't know if 14 weeks is too early or I should wait a bit more but I would not mind teaching Truman commands other than "sit" (he knows that one) and maybe to be a bit more patient when it comes to food. Do they help with housebreaking them? We could work on that too. ;)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
With Orion, we put her in puppy preschool...basically it was a bunch of 2 to 3 month old puppies that were running around playing. They introduced them to cardboard and carts with wheels and chairs. (that's were Orion first discovered the skateboard) At 4 months, Orion went to puppy kindergarten. Besides barking, she did quite well. She finished and graduated with honors....AND she won best "show off" trick the last day of class. She rode her skateboard across the floor, jumped off it and ran to put her nose in a corner......

So....I decided to enroll her in daycare. She got booted within 15 minutes. They said she tried to show dominance over other dogs and would not submit under any circumstance. They said she wasn't agressive, just very bullheaded. They said Orion was NOT daycare material. **sigh**

We did puppy kindergarted with Vegas also. He was so afraid of going thru the "agility" tent tube, that the trainer had to pull out the big treats. He took awhile, but finally did it. It was funny, the trainer didn't realize that Vegas and Orion were both ours and she proceeded to tell the entire class about Vegas and his silly stunts during the initial class with Orion. I had to raise my hand and claim Vegas as ours. It was quite funny to see her reaction when she finally recognized us. She also has a bulldog. She is an awesome trainer...and I'm trying to convince her that Charli would make a nice 2nd addition to her family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.