Sad news out of Calf.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It is going all around Facebook.

Seems like a women in San Diego thought she could whelp puppies on her own. One account says she couldn't afford a c-section. :cursing: So needless to say, all 7 puppies were lost and the Mom is at the vets needing surgery. The San Diego Rescue is trying to get her to surrender the mom over to them so she will get the care she needs, but as of now, no surrender has been issues. The mom is close to losing her life.....prayers are needed.:begging::begging: that that the mom makes is and the resuce gets her, this bulldog does not need to go back to that owner.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
Omg I hope they can help the mum soon , oh bless her, some people are soo stupid. We are getting Bitzie spayed next week just in case. Never say never

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
update: the mom made it through surgery but still in critical condition, spayed at the same time, Still no surrender, rumor has it that once the vet adds up the bill she will. Amazing huh? It is all about money to some people. URGH

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Read about dat earlier on Illinois english bulldog rescure facebook earlier ....well day updated ,she has made it through surgery and js got spayyed....they js waitin for the owner to surrender.it now

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Stories like this make me angry, just shows how stupid some people are. They can't really afford to take care of a bully, but they think they can make some quick cash by breeding and not doing their homework first, and the poor mom and pups pay the ultimate price. I hope the rescue can get that poor mama bully, so she can be put in a loving fur-ever home.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Read this too on fb and made me sick to my stomach. How can people be so selfish. I believe the momma's now ok, but the owner won't surrender.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well if she couldnt afford the vet bill for the pups she wont be able to afford the surgery bill so im thinking she will have to surrender. omg this makes me so fricken mad and if they give her back to that owner im gonna cry a river. rips my heart out i tell ya. grrrrr

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I too saw this, makes me sick to my stomach. The poor mama bully. To lose all her babies, that must be hard enough on her but then to almost die in the process. This person should be shot, for real. What is wrong with people?!?! Would love to see her whelp her own skin babies by herself and go thru what this poor baby did. :*(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
And to top off all of the stupidity-- if she surrenders then the rescue will have to pay the bill. So unfair!! I do hope they surrender her, but as usual it is unfortunate that the rescue has to clean up after someone else's mess. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] is there any news? Also is there a chip in to help SDBR pay for her bill?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd like to think ... in an ideal world ... that the vet will hike up the bill to make sure this woman can't afford it ... then when the poor bully is surrendered to cut the rescue an incredibly good deal!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Beyond sickening..... very angry

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
No more updates right now. I keep signing onto SDBR to ck on in an nothing so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think that know there is a vet bill and no more money making female to take home, the owner will surrender. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], I agree and maybe the vet will do just that, I have heard of them doing this before.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.