Climate Control Sensitivity...

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Sorry for yet another thread, but I need to make sure I am not having my puppy in to cold of air.

I brought him to work with me as he will be doing alot, and part of the work in the office and part in the shop. The shop ranges from 45º-60º depending on the day and when I get there. Is 45º to cold for him to be in? Here is a pick of him right now sleeping.

IMG_0194.jpgIMG_0196.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
aww he is so darn cute. It looks as if you have a great blanket and playpen for him. You can get a hoodie or sweater for him when it is cold. Our Bullies live in Florida and I have to make sure it doesn't get too hot. Our house is kept cold 68-72 degrees. When the cold weather hits us, we have open windows until it gets down to the 40's. Bella and Abby both have blankets and crates to snuggle in if they get cold.

Just keep an eye on him and cover him up if he looks cold. Again, he is so beautiful, congrats, you are going to love having a bully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would get a sweater or some type of jacket you can place on him when it gets that cold and he is there for long periods of time.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
our boys love 60-70 degree weather...that is when they are happiest...that being said jameson will spend hours outside in 40 degree weather given the chance, but mama doesn't want to walk for hours in that...anything over 70 and jameson starts to get hot...titan not as much...they snuggle under 60....but if you give em plenty of blankets if they are cold they will burrow and get nice and warm...if they are hot they will pull the blankets to the side. get him a sweatshirt or jacket for the shop so and hopefully you don't get the stink eye like i do when i put one on them

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Start dressing him in a sweater while he is young. He will get used to it quickly. Then you can put a sweater or jacket on him when he is going to be in the chilly temps of the shop.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with several others, since he is still young I would get him a sweeter or jacket to wear when he is in the cold, plus the blanket. Check him regularly and make sure he is not shivering. Once he gets bigger a sweeter is all he may need. Plus he is just adorable, you have a cutie on your hands.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..a sweater would be the best bet..and I agree, do it when their young and they won't mind wearing them. If you need help we have someone here who is a wonderful seamstress! I'm sure LariP can get you setup with a Great sweater! PM her if needed!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I agree with all of the above. Start putting a sweater on him and he will get use to it. All my animals are use to wearing coats and sweaters. OMG how do you get any work done. I'd be looking at him all day just so I don't miss any cuteness. Maybe I'd even carry him in a snuggli...ok just kidding. How much does he way again? OK, just kidding again. I love the little playpen and even the pretty red blanky.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We live in Floirda too, I have the opposite problem, making sure Vegas does not get to hot. 70 is perfect for the both of us! He does have a pillow and blanket in his crate, but if he gets to warm he just comes out and plops down on the cool tile. I have not turned my air off yet and it is Dec. 27th!!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It's great you have a nice warm bed and blankie for him because I think 45 might be a little too cold for extended periods of time. Especially for a puppy. Our bulldog likes playing in the cold, but he only does it for an hour or so and is running around. We keep our house in the low 60s and that is pretty good. Like everyone said, get some sweaters for your little guy and just keep an eye on him for shivering, etc.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree 45 is to cold for a bully puppy or bully for an extended period of time. can they stay in the office part the whole time. im assuming its warmer in there. love the pics.

Most Reactions