Picking up our puppy tonight... Need some pointers please.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is such a little cutie, looks too sweet. Give him a big bully hug from us. Plus if no one has told you, no raw hide chews, bully sticks, or greenies, for your bully. Just nylabones, kongs, or any good quality hard rubber toy and antlers. Enjoy your new cutie.

EXCELLENT advice! Tried to give you REP, but it burpped at me and said I had to speard it around!!

OP
B

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
He is such a little cutie, looks too sweet. Give him a big bully hug from us. Plus if no one has told you, no raw hide chews, bully sticks, or greenies, for your bully. Just nylabones, kongs, or any good quality hard rubber toy and antlers. Enjoy your new cutie.

Reading up on everything so we can make sure. I love the bullet points, it really helps. What are greenies?

Are these snacks ok until I can research and order the best ones? Buddy Biscuits and Tricky Trainers from Cloud Star, Made in the USA.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3909]bigfwt04[/MENTION] greenies are a chew treat that can cause a choking hazard. I have never used Buddy Biscuits or trainer treats, but as long as they have good ingredients in them, they should be fine. You just want to stay away from rawhides, pig ears, anything made with the hide of an animal. It can swell and cause choking or tear off and cause damage in the intestines. What food are you feeding him. Sometimes a good quality food will offer treats also.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh my goodness what a cutie. He's a good-looking roly-poly. I doubt he'll fit in that bed too long. :lol: Take lots of pictures yo'll be surprised how small he was once he gets bigger. Have fun and be patient, puppies are just like babies. :up:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh my goodness what a cutie. He's a good-looking roly-poly. I doubt he'll fit in that bed too long. :lol: Take lots of pictures yo'll be surprised how small he was once he gets bigger. Have fun and be patient, puppies are just like babies. :up:

Yep , they "are" babies. They depend on you for everything. When you raise them right, they repay you with love ten-fold.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
d883bc2d.jpg

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awwwwwwwwww he is so sweet, i just love his pretty eyes and smooshy wrinkles :) i just learned how to upload my videos from my camcorder to my laptop and i was watching all the ones from when lola was a pup. they do grow up so fast...between 3 and 8 months is like 30 lbs and minus 1 wrinkle.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I wouldn't use anything for puppy bedding - in the crate - that couldn't be washed. Especially when he's so new to you. That fluffy bed is fun but can you throw it in the washer? That's my criteria for anything bulldog around here.

He's adorable. Flat adorable. Whatta face. Chunk is a doll boy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Isn't it time we got more photos .......... :yes:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Chunk is such a cutie! Congrats on your new baby! I hope everything is going well and the little guy is getting all settled in. You got a ton of good advice above and there is always more if you need it from this bulldog community! Welcome!

StacieD

Dec 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
Hello! I am a new proud owner of a bully puppy! But I am very anxious about leaving him home alone for the first time. My kids are home over Christmas break and are able to take him on bathroom breaks, play, etc... but will have to go back to school at the beginning of next week and I'll be at work. Any suggestions? I don't want to lose all the potty training we've gotten accomplished this far.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.