Planking

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Guinness is a stubborn boy. I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], there has got to be a treat that he will do anything for.
Thanks for the chuckle!

OP
lisastrathern

lisastrathern

Nov 9, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Here's a pic of the planker:) will try take a video of him in class after Xmas, he looks so pleased with himself I can't help laughing (yup I know that doesn't help:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324598274.056500.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324598274.056500.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 34

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson and BabyGirl have "planked" at the vets office when it was time for them to go from the waiting area to the exam room. Quite embarrassing since I've NEVER seen another dog do this there.:blush2:

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
LOL - this brings back memories of trying to persuade Rocco to walk. I couldn't get him to leave our driveway to go on a way around the block. He would be fine if I carried him to the end of the drive way and past our house then set him down to walk. He would sit and not budge. Treats didn't work either. I carried him a few times and then just gave up. A few weeks went by and I had someone else (not his mom) put him on leash and coax him to go on a walk from the front door. He went reluctantly but did eventually go.

I then started to say "good boy!" really enthusiastically when he would start out the front door and keep encouraging him until we go out of the drive way and even while on the walk. I never had to teach him to "heal" because he was glued to my side, and a little to timid to run ahead.

Once he grew out of this stage (about 9 or 10 months old) - he learned to walk on a leash fine. These are stubborn breeds. He isn't motivated much for treats - but more for positive reinforcement. Telling him "it's ok" if he is scared or "good boy!" if he needs motivation.

Now he does pretty well with most commands. Although - when I tell him to "drop" his toy so I can throw it - he just turns and runs away. I guess I need a new word for "drop" Lol!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh my ... This had me giggling!! I have visions of both Guinness and Vegas planking.

Bulldogs are not like any other breed! You need to rid yourself of this misconception that you can train a bully to do anything. And embrace the knowledge that they are training YOU!!

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
How about retraining the "Heel" command and use a different command besides heel, sort of like a verbal redirection

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.