Why are paws this color...?

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
I'm a dog walker and walk two bulldogs and ones paws are really discoloration or stained...

I was wondering if anyone knew what this could be...? Or does she just need a bath...? Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324403144.217895.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be allergy related, yeast, or yeah, just a bath. Any odor to them?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It looks like there maybe some paw licking causing discoloration. Does not look very bad in my opinion. But keep a watchful eye on it, if the start getting red/brown there is an under lying issue.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Looks like yeast. Wilson has this right now. Paw licking usually aggravates it. Wilsons allergies are environmental. After a couple of months of not walking him I decided to walk him to see if his allergies were caused by something outside my home. Yep, next day his allergies came back full force so now I'm bathing him every three days, washing his paws and wrinkles several times a day and giving him 3 Benadryls twice a day. He's a big bulldog so its OK. He's on NVI Turkey LID which is the food that does not contain anything that he's allergic to.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes it's like a rust color....one day when I came to walk her..her right paw was all soaked and full of drool....she was licking it while in her crate...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324417214.345047.jpg
He is a great picture of her...she's so cute...I love her already and she's not even mine....!!!! 🐶

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Certainly sounds like yeast after you mentioned the licking of her paws .... might be worthwhile mentioning it to the owner!!

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't mean to sound silly but what is yeast...?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yeast can come from things in the food, potato, grains. Kinda like lady yeast?
It makes them itch.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I believe it is a fungus and thrives in damp moist areas.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw the bag of food she eats...it was nutro ultra....I thought nutro wasn't such great food....?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2263]Jzepeda87[/MENTION]

Yeast! It was just recently pointed out to me that Orion's yeast may be from her "addiction". What addiction does she have? Well..here is a video. Check out her paws. Her nails are also discolored..but mostly only her front. Since both back and front paws are discolored between the toes and the nails in the front are slightly discolored at the base...I'm conflicted in my thoughts. I've just changed her to a grain free food hoping to clear up some potential allergy related issues. I feel her cheeks have cleared up, but her tear stains are as dark as ever. We've limited her private time with stinky...so hopefully I will find my answer soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.