Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are paws this color...?

Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why are paws this color...?

Jackson's paws look like that and he licks them regularly. How do we get rid of the yeast? We have him on Blue Wilderness Salmon.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

I saw the bag of food she eats...it was nutro ultra....I thought nutro wasn't such great food....?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Jzepeda87

Yeast! It was just recently pointed out to me that Orion's yeast may be from her "addiction". What addiction does she have? Well..here is a video. Check out her paws. Her nails are also discolored..but mostly only her front. Since both back and front paws are discolored between the toes and the nails in the front are slightly discolored at the base...I'm conflicted in my thoughts. I've just changed her to a grain free food hoping to clear up some potential allergy related issues. I feel her cheeks have cleared up, but her tear stains are as dark as ever. We've limited her private time with stinky...so hopefully I will find my answer soon.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Jzepeda87 nutro is not good food but if your buying it then the ultra is the one to get. it is better than the other two and petco has it in their better dog food section. last time i looked it had menadione in it which is a synthetic vit k which is frowned upon in dog food. there is a debate about it. @LoveMyBully82 yeast is a fungus as has been stated so any of the over the counter athletes foot or jock itch remedies should work. you can also use cream lady yeast meds to. i use tolnaftate on sarah and have used clotrimazole. i have lately started putting lotrimin powder on her paws to keep the moisture out from between her toes. also if itching hydrocortisone will work to relieve it. but until you find out why its there whether food or environmental you will have a battle on your hands getting rid of it. also remember it loves moisture.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 01-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926 Orion loves stinky so!! That is adorable! My dogs haven't developed a love like that for any toy, I wish they would. It would give me some comfort when I'm at work, if they had their toy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads